What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes hamata for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Nepenthes hamata traded.

Trade Closed.

Last edited:
I'm actually in need of a new hamata. I can do a ceph and some Baines Kloof? Or you can take a gander at the growlist. No offense, but your plant looks a little rough, so I don't want to give an arm and a leg for it. But still, I need a new one.

That was quick! Trade closed.

Dang. That was quick. I might have been able to offer some stuff.

FYI, I have grown a few hamatas over the years and have noticed mine too go through a summer slump. For me, I think it is due to not giving it good highland conditions. They would pick back up in fall and winter. I got a new hamata over the summer and resorted to the cooler + ice water trick so as not to upset it too much while recovering. It's looking great and has been since I received it.

For me anyways, a cooler with an inch or two of ice water in the bottom is great for cooling my more finicky plants down in the summer time. Worth a shot if you are in a pinch during the warmer months.

FYI, I have grown a few hamatas over the years and have noticed mine too go through a summer slump. For me, I think it is due to not giving it good highland conditions. They would pick back up in fall and winter. I got a new hamata over the summer and resorted to the cooler + ice water trick so as not to upset it too much while recovering. It's looking great and has been since I received it.

For me anyways, a cooler with an inch or two of ice water in the bottom is great for cooling my more finicky plants down in the summer time. Worth a shot if you are in a pinch during the warmer months.

Hey, that was very quick, I know. :lol:

Thanks for the tip, it might have been Summer temps, but I do live in Alaska, so Summer temps aren't even really that bad. I think what it was was fall temps actually. We start heating the house with wood heat and it gets really warm and stays really warm throughout the night. Highlanders don't like it. That's why I moved my whole setup to my chillly room. Speaking of which:

*turns off heater and opens window*

N. Spectabilis

Dashman,

I have a spectabilis that is my first Nepenthes, and it is in the same situation, very sluggish growth. I have my grow rack in the basement but still it is hardly cool enough at night, in the high 60's. I'm in the Midwest. Can you describe in detail how you use the cooler method ? Thanks.

congrats mass, I hope it does well for you. :p

Damn.. Wish I had posted at 8:42 last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back