What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free to experienced seed grower: 50/50 lowii deal

So.. I'm in over my head. The ever so generous David has sent me some fresh lowii seed he collected. I'm embarrassed to say, I've never had success with real nep seeds before. So instead of wasting them on my efforts, I figure hey.. why not share the wealth AND get help? :p

So here's my evil plot to make my life easier.
If you've had success growing HL-UHL nepenthes from seed, let me know. I'll send the seeds to one lucky person who will then sow and grow.. Whatever the group nets in successful growth, we split 50/50. If there is only one seedling, we'll flip a coin or something, I dunno.
p.S.. your seedling survival rate is just as important to me as germination success levels.

Man oh man I wish I had experience growing these seeds. Gl to the person that gets them. May they be fruitful.

last time i had nep seeds they got mold on them, time before that though they germinated, but they were on different media just this past time so i guess if ya wanna try it put my name in the hat LOL

So.. I'm in over my head. The ever so generous David has sent me some fresh lowii seed he collected. I'm embarrassed to say, I've never had success with real nep seeds before. So instead of wasting them on my efforts, I figure hey.. why not share the wealth AND get help? :p

Travis, I did not collect that particular seed; and they are about the simplest to germinate in a 2:1 mix of milled sphagnum or peat to quartz sand. Sprinkle the seed; press them against the surface; and put the pot in a ziplock bag under mild light. Three to four weeks later you should see some sprouts . . .

So far I've sprouted and grown out many nep seeds...but the only two true obligate HL ones I've done have been spectabilis and Adrianii x lady pauline...both have been successful thusfar.

I have the room...so I'll put my hat in the ring

Where's Mike, he's a pro at seeds.

Well, I think I'd better to cultivate some good neps and grow them into a large size, and then trade with some of you for the seed grown lowii

So far I've sprouted and grown out many nep seeds...but the only two true obligate HL ones I've done have been spectabilis and Adrianii x lady pauline...both have been successful thusfar.

I have the room...so I'll put my hat in the ring

You are #3 on the qualified applicants list kind sir.

Where's Mike, he's a pro at seeds.

Probably at work.. knowing him.

Travis, I did not collect that particular seed; and they are about the simplest to germinate in a 2:1 mix of milled sphagnum or peat to quartz sand. Sprinkle the seed; press them against the surface; and put the pot in a ziplock bag under mild light. Three to four weeks later you should see some sprouts . . .

My mistake. I thought you collected them yourself. :blush:
You make it sound so easy.. However, I still don't trust my less than 2 years experience. Better safe than sorry with something I REALLY want to pan out.

I am more than happy to germinate out all the seeds and give all the seedlings back.

I will just need an address when the time comes.

Send me a PM; and if interested, I have pictures too.

However, BigBella is right, as these lowii seeds should be pretty easy to germinate.

At least try a few out yourself; and hey, why not update with good results
— I'm sure you'll have 'em!

Back