What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibicella Seed for SASE

joossa

Aklys
Hi everyone. I have some fresh Ibicella lutea seed that I harvested earlier this November available for a SASE.

PB110095.jpg

See here for more pictures.

This is a US only offer.

Because the amount of seed I have available is limited and because fresh seed for this plant is not easy to come by, I will be giving preference to those that have experience in growing devil’s claw plants. In other words, people that have experience growing either Proboscidea or Ibicella will be moved to the front of the line. If you still want some, but have no experience you can still apply.

Also, if you are successful in growing these plants from the seed I give you and end up getting extra seed, you must promise to give some out to the community so more and more people get a chance to grow this plant.

If you want in, please make a post and mention if you have experience growing Proboscidea or Ibicella (mention which one). Remember, if you have no experience you can still apply... just mention that you have no experience. Be honest!

I will leave the offer open for a good amount of time. Then I will make two lists: A) one with people that have experience and B) one with those that do not. Everyone in list A will be guaranteed seed for a SASE as long as I have seed available. Then, if seed is still left over, people from list B will be contacted in the order they posted until my available seed runs out.

SASE Instructions:
I will contact you via PM giving you the green light to send me your SASE. You can send a regular envelope or a padded (inside lined with bubble wrap) envelope. If you send a regular envelope, I will wrap the seed in bubble wrap. Since in the past I have had envelopes return to me because of non-sufficient postage, I am requesting you affix 2 stamps on your SASE to prevent this issue. Along with the SASE please include a note with your forum name and the world Ibicella, so I know who you are and what offer you are applying to. I will try to include around 8 or so seeds per SASE. I will post a list to show whose SASE I have sent out.

I am interested in obtaining other fresh Ibicella lutea seed and/or any seed of Proboscidea with black seed color (P. althaeifolia, P. louisianica, or typical, black seed P. parviflora). If you have any extra seed of these I will be more than happy to trade with you!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
Can these grow outside in SC once spring rolls around again?

If they can I would be interested in trying some. I have no experience growing any of the devil claws. The 4 seeds I have idk the species right off hand I have not tried to germinate yet.

JB

No experience with any devils claw but would like to try.

I would be interested in some seed. Thanks for that offer; and I have had experience with both in the past. It would be interesting to see how they do in TC . . .

I would be interested also. No experience with them though.

Update: 12/09/11

These people have let me know they want some Ibicella seed:

-jimscott
-afrodisa
-JB_OrchidGuy
-BigBella
-dionae
-hazedshaman

Since the demand for the Ibicella seed was lower than I expected, everyone who inquired will be able to get Ibicella seed. So, for those of you that wanted both Proboscidea (see other thread)AND Ibicella seed please only send one SASE. I will use your ONE SASE and send you both types of seeds. I have provided you with my address.

I have received a SASE from:

-afrodisa: SASE went out 12/02/2011.
-jimscott: SASE went out 12/02/2011.
-dionae: SASE went out 12/08/2011.
-JB_OrchidGuy: SASE went out 12/09/2011.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Thanks joossa. I'll try them both. I just thought more people would be interested and didnt want to be greedy:).

Thanks joossa. I'll try them both. I just thought more people would be interested and didnt want to be greedy:).

No problem. I now have you down for both.
With Proboscidea, I usually end up with a mountain of seed at the end of the season, so no worries. It's just the Ibicella seed that is limited. You'll see the difference in quantities. ;)

Okay, thank you very much!

Hi,

Would like to get some seeds of whichever variety you have. I will trade in return some DC seed I have from another source. Some black, some white. Can't give info past that. I had some seed from older pods my brother had as decoration. They are gone, but most every try of DC seeds I have planted have been spindly even though in a fair amount of light. Usually one or two flowers, and then they would keel over. This last batch I tried I got the beginning of a seed pod, but then it keeled over as well. Any ideas, thougts? Many a thing I can grow, but these guys are testing me.

Hi,

Would like to get some seeds of whichever variety you have. I will trade in return some DC seed I have from another source. Some black, some white. Can't give info past that. I had some seed from older pods my brother had as decoration. They are gone, but most every try of DC seeds I have planted have been spindly even though in a fair amount of light. Usually one or two flowers, and then they would keel over. This last batch I tried I got the beginning of a seed pod, but then it keeled over as well. Any ideas, thougts? Many a thing I can grow, but these guys are testing me.

^PM sent! Thanks for the trade offer! :-O

Am I too late to get some seed? If I'm not I would like to have some also please.

Back