What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aquarium plant giveaway

Wire Man

Sphagnum Guru
I just did some much needed trimming in my 6 gallon killifish aquarium and now have more Java fern divisions than I know what to do with. I still have to thin out the 3 gallon, too... I'm pretty sure this can be used in moist terrariums as well. Shipping is on me. PM me if you're interested.

Oops, nevermind.

Last edited:
This is Java fern, not moss. It's an epiphytic amphibious plant that grows well on driftwood or porous rocks.

i under stand that i have had both in the past, my angle fish love it

Java fern will also grow emersed, but requires good humidity to look nice.

Doh! Sorry Wire Man, not sure how I missed that haha.

I have TONS of that stuff in my tanks. I have tried to grow it out of water, but haven't managed it yet. How do you do it?

Java fern will also grow emersed, but requires good humidity to look nice.

This.

I left leaves exposed for a no more than 7 hour car ride and it died back to the rhizome. Thankfully it grew back when fully submerged.

The easiest way is to allow it to grow out of the water on its own. Or allow the water to slowly exaporate exposing the submerged plant very slowly. After you get a section growing emersed they need high humidity and wet roots.

Back