What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid Seeds for SASE

I have 3 packs of fresh Phalaenopsis hybrid orchid seeds for SASE. USA only please. Be familiar with TC in order to germinate them. PM me.

hey flasker, i have always wanted to try TC with orchid seeds but never have, so while i am not familiar with orchid TC, i would love to try it if the offer is still avaliable. Thanks

I've noticed alot of ppl do tissue cultures around here. I dont know a whole lot about it or about orchids, but are you saying that normal ways of sowing these wont work? Is TC the only way? Sorry for the stupid question.

I've noticed alot of ppl do tissue cultures around here. I dont know a whole lot about it or about orchids, but are you saying that normal ways of sowing these wont work? Is TC the only way?

Because orchid seeds don't have nutrient inside so it's quite hard to germinate. Some people can sow orchid seeds but the successful rate is small. TC provides nutrient media so orchid seeds can sow much more easier.

Because orchid seeds don't have nutrient inside so it's quite hard to germinate. Some people can sow orchid seeds but the successful rate is small. TC provides nutrient media so orchid seeds can sow much more easier.

That makes sense, thanks for the info

Orchid require a certain fungus in the wild to get started till it can photosynthesize on it's own. Orchids make thousands of seeds in the wild to hopefully get maybe 1-2% in the right locations. In captivity, the orchid seeds use The media instead if the fungus. Like flaskers was saying, orchid seeds do not have an endosperm or yolk if you will.

The lil black specks on vanilla ice-cream are seeds from the vanilla orchid. That is how small chid seeds are.

Hey flasker,I tc nepenthes seeds and have wanted to try orchids.Is the media the same?If so I would love to try!

I will have another ripe orchid pod next month. Will share seeds with TC orchid lovers. :beer:

Back