What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giveaway - Bubblegum Crisis dvd boxset, unopened (anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crofthulhu

ALGEBRAIC!
For giveaway I have as the title states, an unopened box set of Bubblegum Crisis dvds. Dialogue and subtitles are both in English and Japanese. I was looking through some old high school stuff, and just didn't have the heart to throw it in the trash with the $69.99 price tag still on it, looking right at me. I'd rather it go to someone who likes aniime and will appreciate it or sell it elsewhere, I just don't want it going in the trash.

64a8afbd.jpg

Guidelines:

-This giveaway is completely FREE, all you have to do is post in this thread to enter, and wait for the dvds to arrive.

-Hmm.. let's do a hat drawing. Those who post in this thread will get their names put into a hat and my fiance will draw the winner.

-Thread will be open until next Tuesday (Dec. 6th) @ 4pm. Winner will be PM'd shortly after so I can obtain your address.

-The DVDs may not be sent out right away. I ordered some boxes from USPS a while ago and they still haven't gotten here, I will be waiting for those. But I will be sure to let you know when I get them, and when I send out.

-This is free?

-FREE-NESS

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it if you've never heard of Bubblegum Crisis before:

The series begins in the late 2032, seven years after the Second Great Kanto Earthquake has split Tokyo geographically and culturally in two. During the first episode, disparities in wealth are shown to be more pronounced than in previous periods in post-war Japan.

The main antagonist is Genom, a megacorporation with immense power and global influence. Its main product are boomers - cyberdroids used for manual labor and military purposes. While Boomers are intended to serve mankind, they become deadly instruments in the hands of ruthless individuals. The AD Police are tasked to deal with Boomer-related crimes. One of the series' themes is the inability of the department to deal with threats due to political infighting, red tape, and an insufficient budget.

The Knight Sabers are an all-female mercenary team and have considerable combat abilities using highly advanced suits of powered armor. They battle against long odds to overcome grave threats throughout the OVA series and preserve the overall safety of Mega Tokyo.

Thanks.

*plunges into the hat*
Thanks for the opportunity :)

*squeezes into hat with zach*

Thanks!

Hm, sounds pretty interesting. :) Count me in!

*leaps into the hat with Zach, Sig and Eric squealing and hugging everyone* One of my sons LOVES anime and would be completely thrilled to have this! Thanks so much for thinking of putting it up on the board here :glomp:
JennB

Sure put my name in the hat plz.

I'm in.

Thank you for the generous offer! :awesome:

MY sister likes it, so I'm going to participate. Thanks for the generosity!

I don't want to be included, but I just had to comment on the fact that this may be the most generous group of people I've ever had the pleasure to be connected to.

whooaa, anime from back in the day! Please include me for nostalgia!

Alright! The hat drawing gods (and my fiances hand) have chosen!

JennB

Congrats! I have PM'd you to acquire your address. I will be shipping out ASAP!

Thanks everyone for your interest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back