What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis linaflora seed giveaway

Thanks everyone.

I am planning to mail on Tue. the 27th of December to avoid any over-the-weekend shipping times.

- Mark

Thanks again Mark ,very cool!

I can't believe I've been misspelling the species name through all of this. Oh, the shame! Properly it is Byblis liniflora. But then you all knew that and were too kind to correct me. ;)

- Mark

All packets are now with the USPS. Seeds away!

- Mark

Cool

Last edited:
package received today. thanks again!!

Seeds arrived in fine order, thanks again Mark.

Got them today :3
Thanks Mark!

d'aww.. still nothing here. :down:

Got them today
Great packing
Thank you sooo much

Got mine today! thanks!

and still nothing.. :cry: Why do you hate me USPS?

Got mine yesterday, gave em the bleach treatment and got them planted today! Will definitely keep everyone updated!

YAY! Guess what I got today! :awesome:

I havent got them yet because I have been away. I will check this monday, thanks!

Got mine yesterday.The package was stamped in red ,non-machineable huh?And a saparate bill for 20¢ whats that all about.Anyway I sowed them today and I was doing some replating on some neps.and b-52 and decided to put some in tc of course after sterlizing them first.I will let you know how they turn out.thanks

If it is not machine sortable (too thick) it costs extra... They will either give you a bill (to the receiver) or return to sender for the missing postage.
Andrew

Basically if a standard size envelope is over 1/4" thick it is non-machinable or considered a parcel. Parcel status is based on size, shape and weight.

One vendor puts a piece of candy in the envelope along with the seeds so it becomes non-machinable and will not be crushed in the sorting machines (see d. below).

Note (g.) would be a simple method to send standard size envelopes as non-machinable. You'd still have to pay the $0.20 surcharge though.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/101.htm#1039555

1.2 Nonmachinable Criteria

A letter-size piece is nonmachinable (see 6.4) if it has one or more of the following characteristics (see 601.1.4 to determine the length, height, top, and bottom of a mailpiece):

a. Has an aspect ratio (length divided by height) of less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

b. Is polybagged, polywrapped, enclosed in any plastic material, or has an exterior surface made of a material that is not paper. Windows in envelopes made of paper do not make mailpieces nonmachinable. Attachments allowable under applicable eligibility standards do not make mailpieces nonmachinable.

c. Has clasps, strings, buttons, or similar closure devices.

d. Contains items such as pens, pencils, keys, or coins that cause the thickness of the mailpiece to be uneven; or loose keys or coins or similar objects not affixed to the contents within the mailpiece. Loose items may cause a letter to be nonmailable when mailed in paper envelopes; (see 601.2.3, Odd-Shaped Items in Paper Envelopes).

e. Is too rigid (does not bend easily when subjected to a transport belt tension of 40 pounds around an 11-inch diameter turn).
f. For pieces more than 4-1/4 inches high or 6 inches long, the thickness is less than 0.009 inch.

g. Has a delivery address parallel to the shorter dimension of the mailpiece.

h. Is a self-mailer that is not prepared according to 201.3.14.

i. Is a booklet that is not prepared according to 201.3.15.

Back