What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Male Maxima poi dog...Looking for female flowers!

tje25

Plant Addict!!
Hello Everyone!

My maxima poi dog Is flowering, so I'm putting up this add to try and find anyone who has a female that is flowering. This is my first Nepenthes flower so I'm not sure how much longer before the pollen will be ready. I was thinking maybe a 50/50 seed split if everything works out well:) I'm not going to be too picky since I dont even know 100% of the parentage. I do know that It is a very vigorous fast growing plant, and I think it as rather beautifull!
Just shoot me a pm with what you have

Here are some pics that I snapped today:

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03103.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03109.jpg

nice plant hope mine grows that nice ,don't know the sex of it, got it as a cutting a few months ago

Thanks Mickey

Thats the nicest poi dog I have seen.

Appreciate the comment luca :)

Update on the flower.... It is growing really fast, so I dont think it will take a whole lot longer.

DSC03130.jpg

Flower Update!!

He's just chuggin along :)

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03178.jpg

Nice flower tj. Congratulations!

mine just flowered looks like yours guess its a male never seen a nep flower so Im not shore

Bumpedy bump bump.... Flower update!! ;)

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

I took these pics yesterday

thats what mine looks like but shorter

cool! congrats!

Update!!

The first flower opened today, so pollen shouldnt be to far behind:)
But the battery in my camera wont hold a charge for some reason......so no pics at the moment.

female N. maxima is just about blooming here. Cold weather slowing it and everything else down...

So my poi dog is flowering too - perhaps our cuttings came from the same person??

I have no idea whether this is male or female. Never even seen a Nep flower before. I THINK it's male. Thoughts?

6857443651_36b1b6ed0a_b.jpg

6857446213_5a6a1debec_b.jpg

looks like a male.

In that case... tje25, I'm afraid my flower won't do you any good!

Lol...I'm afraid your right! hahaha... nice lookin setup there Fury ;)

Back