What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring Fever Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last guess was clearly a joke.
If I am allowed to guess again, I choose the Drosera that does best for me, D. binata.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it (for at least 24 hours.)

My last guess was clearly a joke.
If I am allowed to guess again, I choose the Drosera that does best for me, D. binata.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it (for at least 24 hours.)

obviously a joke.
But seriously now... you're wrong.

You're killing me here.. KILLING ME!
Can guess, but not entering. Then you just BOOM.. guess twice? It's just no holds with you huh? Beat of your own drum type of deal? :lol:

Thought could do 2 if not playing? My bad :poke:

Its a gift dude :-D

well bless your gifted heart my dear. :hug:

You can play along, it'll be fun. Now guess for real this time.

D Shizandra

and exactly why are you excluding the genderqueer ? :p

D Shizandra

Even though the raspberry smiley face implies sarcasm, I'm going to go ahead and say this, anyway.

From the gay people I've spoken to and the anthropology classes I've taken, western culture, queer or straight, tends to identify as either masculine, feminine, or something in between, that nonetheless borrows from these two genders. There aren't any third genders that we can deem as exclusive. The queer community still falls under these gender roles, as far as our culture regards them. Therefore, the only people who would be left out of this thread would be the hijras of Indian and Pakistan; kathoeys, or "ladyboys" of Thailand; or the berdache of the Native American tribes, all of which are considered neither masculine nor feminine, but something completely removed. It's hard for people in the west to wrap their heads around it (this very debate dragged on for nearly four hours in one of my anthropology classes), but these cultures see the above genders as neither feminine or masculine, a concept we simply do not have.

Anyway, I hope this dispels any hints of discrimination (with the exception of those third gender CP enthusiasts who may want a Sarracenia hybrid).

Let's not turn this into a debate on Travis' giveaway thread, though! If anyone is interested in discussing it more, please create a new thread.

D Shizandra

I think you may have been focused on the wrong rule. Take a look at #1 once more please..

Hahaha. This is turning into a circus. You did that on purpose, didn't you ? Hahaha

I was gonna guess the exact same thing no joke but since the rules didn't apply I guess I can put it?

D. schizandra

Okay, how 'bout D. graomogolensis?

How's about prolifera?

Some good guesses, but INCORRECT!!
Contest is still a go..

madagascarensis?

no.. no.. and nope. Good guesses though.

Ooooo, I got it! Gotta be Drosera spatulata :boogie:

Do I win a seedling?

Last edited:
Ooooo, I got it! Gotta be Drosera spatulata :boogie:

Do I win a seedling?

nuh uh. Gonna have to give me more credit than that.

HINT TIME!

Before mine died, it had the longest roots I had ever seen on a drosera.
and it's still not regia.

Can i guess a few hours early and say d. adelae? mine has some insane roots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back