What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wishful thinking

Hi,

Might anyone out there be able to point me in the direction of:

seeds - Byblis aquatica
Roridula - dare to dream!
Drosophyllum - I had some, could never get them to sprout

U. humboldtii
numbifolia
or other bromeliad occupiers:)

Trade, postage, rain dance, or???

Many thanks.

Triffid Nurseries in the UK sells seeds of rare species like these. I am in the US and have had no problem receiving seed from them.

Insecttrap,

I was looking at that site last night, and again today. The rare seeds and other carnivores or whatever catagory - all Byblis and others come up n/a. Then I looked at Asian pitcher plants and they all come up n/a as well. Dunno why. Maybe too cold to ship anything?? That does not make a lot of sense, as there is a notation that they begin shipping again on the 20th of last month. I would not think seeds would care about the weather.:) But as to all or some of the rarer or less seen species - a double sawbuck for 3 to five seeds. Makes my nose want to bleed. Were you pretty much certain those would sprout without failure, you would be more likely to pull the trigger. In the end, maybe that is the only route. Thanks for the input!

I've got tons of Catopsis berteroniana if you're interested. shoot me a pm if ur interested

Well alrighty then!

As it just so happens, the Aristochia pod went out your way yesterday. Will send email.

Thanks!!

RL7836,

I could not find what you refer to. Could you send a link?? Thanks.

RL7836,

I could not find what you refer to. Could you send a link?? Thanks.

Two sections below the Terra Trading threads is the NASC Benefit Auction 2011. In 2012, there will be another new auction. I recommend that you take a few minutes to review the stickies at the top and then glance through the auction remnants. Once a year, for two weeks, there are more CPs - from super common to very rare - auctioned off for conservation charity. There is nothing else like it.... :0o:

when is this going to happen?

Two sections below the Terra Trading threads is the NASC Benefit Auction 2011. In 2012, there will be another new auction. I recommend that you take a few minutes to review the stickies at the top and then glance through the auction remnants. Once a year, for two weeks, there are more CPs - from super common to very rare - auctioned off for conservation charity. There is nothing else like it.... :0o:

You were on this page? because I found byblis aquatica in stock...

http://www.triffidnurseries.co.uk/browse_cats.php?pt_id=1

Sometime all you need are three seed. If you look at the price of plants nowadays, buying 2 packets is nothing to get a few plants growing especially the rarer ones.

BTW, drosophyllum are not hard to sprout. scrape the seed on concrete until you see some white or gray. This is a type of stratification to get them to germinate. I have done this twice and had half of my seed germinate.

That was the page I was on. They got em' now. Very cool. Thanks!

Back