What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cissus (I think) quadrangularis

Hello again!

I was at a neighbors house having coffee and jawing and I had mentioned in the past that I wanted a plant they had planned to dig up and get rid of as the top had died. A grapefruit tree grafted to trifoliate orange...long story short it was agreed that I could dig it up and take it home. Also they had in a hanging basket a plant I had never seen before, and I got a cutting. Today I saw it had been trimmed and the leavings were on the ground, and I got to take them home as well. The plant is Cissus and the genus I believe is quadrangularis. A member of the grape family, it looks like sausage links with a grape leaf between each section. If you cut the plant, all the leaves drop off. Any new growth has the leaves. A curious thing. These are a bit dried up, but I believe are sound and ready to begin again, as it were. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2Z28Dg&usg=AFQjCNE-KQOfzCFi60QHlejfkmX2gTV4zQ Veldt grape/Devil's Backbone, is that a cool nickname or what??

Here is a pic of the cuttings...
IMGP6173.jpg

There may be some health benefits to be derived in the future from this critter, who knows? In any case, I have a bunch to parcel out to those of you who might want some. If so, sing out...as usual email is best. Thanks, P/D gnixon@satx.rr.com

Last edited:
Back