What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi.. i am offering up for trade 2 rooted N. Splendiana x ventricosa cuttings. These are top cuttings from a female plant. one has already flowered last fall.

This a picture of the plants themselves
mati_hari.jpg

and this is alink to pictures, not mine, of the pitchers typically produced
http://www.siamproplants.com/forums/1703.html?langid=3

I am open to offers but am most interested in the following:

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides or other nep with that shape/color pitcher
species pings
asian ghost orchids (Chiloschista)

if i were to up my trade request highter I would'nt turn down a korean hornbeam (small), a staghorn fern (no bigger than a 4" plaque), helis, species sarr purpuras that are not on my growlist, some of the smaller intermeadite to cool neps not on my grow list

This clone appears to be reluctant to pitcher. Any idea why?

Maybe because of it's genetic makeup..Splendiana has LL genes in it..mine have rooted well and continually make new leaves. I think their lack of pitchering has to do with humidity. They have been moved to a slightly cooler but more humid area in the last two weeks. It maybe a hard reach to find the happy medium for them. If the cross has been remade more than once, each strain of clone out there may have different prefernces for HL vs LL conditions.
Hopefully that helps shed some light on your question, other than that..beats me.

My splendiana pitchers regularly in hl and ll conditions. I bet it's a humidity or just transplant trim shock. Send one here and we will find out? :)

Of my two girls half have been claimed
One is traded but the other remains
She's pretty and green and waiting for you
To make the right offer on a trade that I'll do
My wish for a staghorn fern has been met
But plenty of others are on my list yet
So look on your racks and see what is spare
And soon you will be giving rack space to her​

Could also be too low light (that my guess). Neps need a lot of light to pitcher well. But I don't know your growing conditions. Humidity is basically a non-issue for most of my neps, which grow and pitcher well in 30-40% humidity range. But I give them lots of good florescent light :)

Not really have anything interesting to trade, but when I was 10 my Splendiana X ventricosa pitchered profusely...maybe it has to do with humidity?

update..one for dews

Hi..I have one Nep left and am looking for some sundews. I lost all but my threadleafs during a power outage last winter and I really need some for gnat control. Let the trading begin, I hope.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

trade completed..plant is gone

Traded away..thank you

Back