What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leuc purple and White Giant Rt 71

flytraplady5

Hort. School dropout X 2
Anyone have this plant intheir collection and have a tiny plant to trade?
Sarracenia leucophylla PURPLE & WHITE GIANT!! Route 71 Nr Altha
.Will trade for four other location specific plants

What is it that makes this variety so special? Ive never heard of it...

It is absolutely gorgeous and has very explicit location data
conservation is the name of the game
I didn't know that it existed until I saw it on Ebay UK it sold for 15.98 pounds sterling about 22.00 USD

Funny (Sad?)-
The Europeans seem to be so much better then us at maintaining the pure species with specific location data. Good luck on your search!

WN.I agree It is very discouraging that the only specimens of these plants may be in the Botaniclal gardens around the US Must have better botanists hobbyists in UK

I prefer species over hybrids. I'm mostly into nepenthes and have only a few hybrids. I have no hybrids of sarracenia but my collection is just starting out.

How ironic also that you happened to find out about a clone outside of your borders when it was originally grown within. If it indeed can be found in a us botanical garden--at least your chances of getting it are higher. Maybe ask the seller about his source?

probably received from someone else in the uk

I have it in a hybrid but theyre seedlings. Its crossed with flava rubricorpora.

Back