What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF: LOTS of D. prolifera

Like a moron I stuck my prolifera outside.. and after one day in the upper 80*s it turned to toast.
Desperately seeking plants.. Will make it worth your while. ;) Please PM me if you have some spares to trade off.

Very sad! The one you sent me is also struggling. There was some fungus on a meal I gave it so I treated with neem oil solution, which I think may have been a bad idea. I'm not sure if you can rehabilitate it but I'm happy to send it back to you if you'd like to try.

I appreciate the offer man, but shipping may just be the stress it needs to croak. I'm confident you can bring it around. And if not.. then you can join the murderer's club with the rest of us. :lol:

I appreciate the offer man, but shipping may just be the stress it needs to croak. I'm confident you can bring it around. And if not.. then you can join the murderer's club with the rest of us. :lol:

I "murdered" 2 of them...then got a conscience and gave up trying to have these.

I "murdered" 2 of them...then got a conscience and gave up trying to have these.

that's what happened to me and helis.. and cobras.. and soon to be sarrs.

I killed mine also. Just decided to croak.

You are not the only one having trouble!

I've found proliferate to be tough too. I'm surprised, you grow schizandra so well!

haha.
In my opinion, D. schizandra is a piece of cake compared to adelae & prolifera. By far the easiest of the 3 Sisters in my experience.

i can't help you with the drossera, since i don't grow any...but don't give up on the sarrs...ever...lol

i find adelae is a weed never tried the other 2 sisters

agreed with the weed.

Still looking for.. whatever prolifera I can get.

I killed mine also. Just decided to croak.
I've found proliferate to be tough too.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! D. prolifera is a wonderful little weed. High humidity, low to med light & 100% live LFS for media & you'll have more than you can handle. An easy way to find the right conditions is to look for an existing pot that grows live LFS in the top really well (like a Nep pot where the surface LFS is doing great). Stick a D. prolifera in it and soon you'll have many. Don't try to grow them in their own pot. Simple. done. :-O

Ah...The secret is to let it "proliferate" into other potted plants. Been going at it the wrong way.

I gotta try that! Thanks for the tip RL!

Back