What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveler palm tree seeds

For trade perhaps, I have three to five extra, any ideas?? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0-ySDw&usg=AFQjCNFhlyPG8b7QyC7ykZmDKbuf_zCXxg

IMGP6613.jpg

Wild color doncha think?

Ever tried geminating these? How are they for an indoor potted plant?

I have not a clue. A friend sent them along, I have never dealt with them. They look cool, though, don't they?

They can live indoors for a while if grown next to a large, south-facing window, but due to their size they really do best outdoors. Luckily they'll tolerate light frosts (similar hardiness to Bird of Paradise), so anyone in a 9b+ subtropical climate should be able to grow them. I've seen a few growing up here in the Bay Area.

Well that counts me out lol. I live in a zone 5b sometimes 6 and will not have any chance of being able to keep the outdoors. I do have a couple large south facing windows they maybe be able to survive around so id have to say it may be worth the experiment.

I figure worst case senario they don't sprout, and that is that. Though I think they are quite fresh. Second one, they live, do ok, and eventually outgrow their allotted space. I have had that happen with mangos from time to time. Like a gal I met once said, "I cannot throw away a seed."

Back