What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa pollen available soon

Hello everyone,
I have a male Nepenthes ventricosa starting to flower, and will have pollen available in the coming weeks. Anyone with a flowering female Nepenthes interested in splitting the resulting seeds in exchange for pollen, let me know
-Dave

Pollen is now ready...no takers?

I would love to take the pollen. the only problem is, I have no nepenthes in flower at the moment...
Nepenthes that MAY flower in my collection in the near future are sanguinea, khasiana, and ventricosa. I'm guessing you don't want to send it to someone with no flowers though. however, I've heard that Nep pollen can last a fair length of time in cold, dry storage...

Well if anything changes...I plan to collect the pollen and store it in the fridge. No idea what the life of the pollen will be, even if stored cold. Anyone have any experience with this?

Just a thought Dave, have you tried other forums as well?

Just to let you know, it may be a while before you get anyone interested. I have a large vent flowering right now as well, and only have had one person interested in pollen.

I have one flowering too! I think it's a male. If female, I will take you guys up on the offer.

Back