What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan's Paddle

Does anyone have one to trade...or any other interesting drosera hybrids? I have a few things on the grow list available. Oz

Okay, this is too funny. One was just posted for auction over in the NASC Auction forum. Go check it out.

I did, and I bid. I'm trying to put together a bunch of these for a sale at Purdue University next year, supporting documentary work I'm doing here on CP. The public loves plants that are windowsill-friendly and eye-catching. I think Ivan's Paddle is a great example.

I'm looking for as many starter plants as I can get in order to multiply out a group of them for next year.

Thanks for putting that one up.

Oz

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

In everyone's opinion, are there any other sundews that fit the description I'm looking for? Decent-sized, easy-to-grow, windowsill-friendly. We've got some of the binatas growing out, but what else would members recommend?

This is all from experience;
-D. capensis
-D. capillaris "Long Arm" I have a lot of those.
-D. venusta
-D. sp. "South Africa"
-D. adelae

I'll agree with all of the above. Add Drosera aliciae too. I just send a bunch to the ICPS seedbank, but I'll have tons more in several weeks. I just harvested some D. venusta seeds too. If the documentary is for educational purposes I can send you some seeds.

'Ivan's Paddle' propagates very easily from leaf cuttings and divides like crazy on its own.

PM me after the auction is over.

Last edited:
I'll have plenty of D. venusta seed (hopefully) in a month or so, too. The thing has a 14-16" inflorescence on it.... and it's working on another one.

Thanks for the info and the help! The documentary is for educational purposes and will be distributed through Purdue's Agriculture Education site.

Back