What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

that is the utricula dichotoma They say it is a terrestial utric but I grow it in a fish bowl with a layer about one inch of peat moss. them i put NZ long fibered shagnum moss in the rest of the container Fill it with water let it dry out until jest above the peatmoss This wet to drier helps to make it bloom
You can jest put it in a bog or separate pot if put on a pot and a watering tray it will eventually creep out of the holes in the bottom of the pot
I'll see if I can find a pic of it. I won first place with my fish bowl of dichtoma at the Bay Area Carnivorous Plant show

Based off my reading; will something like this do?

000_0045.jpg

CPB that will work .you can also fil the pot with more media

I potted yours up much like you suggested, Lois. Happen to find a pic of your fishbowl though? Would love to see how you have them set up!

lois can you send me a pm? I tried sending you one but the inbox is full.

My plants arrived safely, thanks again Lois!

Flytraplady's U. Dichotoma:

utric.jpg

Sent 5 more packages out today. let's see 2 + 14 + 5 =21 and still have 3 more to send out Weds. Hmm my math must be off. there were only 23 people signed up for plants somebody trying to confused a cofused Grann E.? LOL

sent the last 4 packages out today
still have lots of plants left if there is any one itching for lost tag sars
Thank all of you who gave my plants(babies) new homes
grannelo@aol.com

anything like orange sunset??

Mine arrived today in great shape! I can't thank you enough!!

The plants arrived yesterday in amazing shape! Thank you again, I'm ecstatic! I did only ask for 5 and 9 showed up so i'm not sure if thats a mess up or what but thank you either way! :bigthumpup:

If you have some extra that you wanna send some of those lost tag sarrs my way I will take some more. As many as you wanna send is awesome, your plants are amazing. Let me know the shipping costs and i can transfer it through paypal. Thanks lois.

i will post pictures in exactly a month ;) Thank You Lois :)

You are all very welcome.
FBI. I will be awaiting your pics
Mickey I wish that I had an Orange Sunset.
land_pro i'll be In touch.
if the rhizomes were small i sent a couple to make up for a med to large rhizome
Thank you all once again for giving these babies homes, as Sars don't compost well.LOL
If anyone did get a cultivar. i would appreciate finding out what it was, after awhile they all start looking the same to me.
I am a propagator not an hybridizer nor am I good at I D ing sars kinda pitiful since i have been into these plants for nearly 15yrs

if you ever need to find homes for more sarrs just pm me, your plants are as nice as I was told, can't wait to see what the clipped ones grow into

So I set up the U. dichtoma in sizeable vase much like you recommended. After only a week it is already spreading a decent amount, but I am concerned because it is beginning to smell much life sulfur. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

ill post picks as well....all of your babies are quite happy in this hot/humid weather on the east coat....if they could talk they would say they are pleased :). Far as security there is a praying mantis and a few arachnids keeping watch for the pest that think about getting a free meal.

Back