What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to trade N. Rob Cantleyi for S. 'Adrain Slack'

Hi Scotty,

This is what you wrote:

This is a Leah Wilkerson:
apr2010-adrianslack002.jpg

Scot

It is not. This is my picture, not Upwiz's. It is definitely Adrian Slack.

Last edited:
oooh! now I get it..
wow, thats Adrian Slack? huh, must be the angle, looks nothing like it to me..
but if you say so!

hmmm..I hope we arent starting to get false Adrian Slack's out there..
that wouldn't be good..
but it seems we are..Jimmy has one that someone told him was Adrian Slack, and it clearly isnt..
and now Brokken also has one that, IMO, looks questionable..(although the second photo he posted does look like an Adrian Slack,
so maybe its just that first photo..)

and..a lot of the Leah Wilkerson photos in the "CP photo finder" are also looking pretty iffy to me..
Im afraid we are probably starting to get some fraud in the hobby, related to these plants..probably because these plants go for $$$..

Scot

Scotty: Adrian Slack does not acquire its typical coloration until the pitcher has matured for a couple of weeks. Until such time, the pitchers are fairly green and yellowish. The lid doesn't get its characteristically white top and red lips until maturing. As I mentioned: I got my plants from Brook's Garcia and Jeremiah Harris. Different growing conditions also result in slightly different looks.

The form of that plant (Brokken's, not Upwhiz) is unmistakably Adrian Slack even though it hasn't colored up yet. Leah Wilkerson is much more robust with a bigger mouth, smaller lid and wider column.

Last edited:
I did take back the suggestion that mine was adrian slack because im sure the tag said l. wilkerson ., and mine came from some one on here this very forum, now if mine isnt either plant I'm not upset at all, it was an extra freebie that came with a trade I did , and as I remember it was with a very reputable person. To say the least, I have traded with them more than once.
I do see the difference in mine, and s. a. slack, and s. l. wilkerson, do these plants produce juvenile pitchers? This is only the second pitcher from this very small division, and its about 5 inches taller than the first pitcher seen here, this first pitcher had quite a different shape to the opening and lip.
IMG_5938.jpg
IMG_5935.jpg
IMG_5918.jpg

I would have bet almost anything these two pitchers came from two different plants.
but you can see the first pitcher here, right in front of its much taller brother and looking quite different

IMG_5917.jpg

Please dont take my curiosity to mean I think I have either of these cool sarrs, just trying to learn, and this is how we do it by consulting with people who know the real deal, this isnt my first misidentified plant, is it yours? any one? LOL.
maybe we should continue in a different thread , we have hijacked poor kinjie's trade thread.

I am a little confused, are the first two photos of your plant? If so it is Leah, here is mine
55e6f4b1.jpg

4601342a.jpg

I originally was not going to post in this thread in order to not 'hijack' the thread from it's original intent but it appears that some clarification from those involved is now needed. Sadly it appears that some people feel that their opinions are facts when indeed they are nothing more than an opinion. A poorly formed one at best.

Jimmy, I was the one that sent you this Sarr division. I did indeed send it to you as S. 'Leah Wilkerson'. I could not have sent you S. 'Adrian Slack' as I did not have this in my collection at the time. Brokken's picture is undoubtedly S. 'Adrian Slack', a marvelously well grown specimen.
Those of you however that wish to question the authenticity of the plant in 'question' should contact Brooks Garcia directly as that is whom I obtained the division directly from some years ago.
I assure you Jimmy that the below plant is indeed S. 'Leah Wilkerson'.

IMG_5922.jpg

thank you yann didnt want to bring you in , but i never doubted you, just trying to not seem too sure of my self i remember l. wilkerson on that very cool gift you sent on our last trade. I was about to pm you to see if you would defend my plant.:blush:
it is a beauty :hail::hail::hail:

I would also be interested in any other great sarracenia such as hurricane creek whites, blood moon, Adrain slacks crosses too if anybody has a couple good ones to trade.

Back