What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

want to trade my peltata tubers for seedlings/plants anyone?

Mach.. you're so noble. Our fearless leader..
I envy you.

Bobby!
I didn't know whether to post on this thread or on your other,
but wanted to let you know how things were going on the Hookeri tubers.
As a picture says it all:
P1070058Small-1.jpg

P1070068A-1.jpg

Also wanted to thank you again for sharing. I wouldn't have even had this chance if it weren't for your help & offer.
The opportunity was sure worth the few common plants I sent you & it was nice of you to not expect more.
(As was pointed out, the tubers were obviously worth a lot more, but it seems that like in the original giveaway,
the initial intent was meant to be about the sharing & not the "worth & money-value". Which actually worked out good for me, as I didn't "win" the original give-away, and certainly couldn't afford much at all.)

So while rather disappointing for me in the beginning (having lost the original give-away), seeing as I apparently (from the pics here) only needed a few tubers to get them going (thus far), I am grateful for your willingness to share the wealth & your good fortune. (My next challenge will be to get them to really grow now!)

While others apparently did not feel as I did concerning this opportunity (from what I see here), it did work out unexpectedly well for me & I do at least want to thank you for this affordable & more than fair "second chance" offer. (I am surprised more people didn't get in on this!) While it possibly wasn't appropriate for most people, it worked out great for me!
For this I am grateful!
Many Thanks!
:water:

PS: It is also nice to see someone who is more worried about giving plants in their care, a real chance. I understand your concern about the potential of killing off ALL the tubers you had won, and therefore wanting to give some a "standing chance" by getting them into the hands of a few other people. While it is best to try to do this right from the start, I know it doesn't always work out that way.
I recently won a bunch of Heli seed from Av/Butch, & even while the give-away was still on, I informed Butch that I would gladly share any winnings with others, as I felt I only needed a couple seeds & felt that the other seed should go to someone else. Here too I wanted such rare seed to have a chance, by getting spread around a bit more than just being in my care. And helping others to have the same chance as I did didn't hurt either!

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?130113-Heliamphora-Germination&p=1098027#post1098027
It can be a risk & doesn't always turn out as expected or desired, but indeed how & how much someone actually cares for the plants they love shows a lot about a person.

Last edited:
hmmmm......I hope my tubers look like that in the pot. good to know about how long it takes them to sprout....I was starting to get worried. I have about 6 more...I think I will take the example and sprout them first like you did jic the ones in the dirt are doa. appreciate the update.

Back