What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For trade: rare exotic roaches

I have 2 species of collectable exotic roaches for trade, or whatever. Mostly just want these things gone.. had them for way too long.

I have a small colony of:
Blaberus gigantea (Giant Cave Roach) http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/mass2256/IMG_3043_zps47c7adf0.jpg
Lucihormetica subcincta (Glow Spot Roach) http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/massmorels/100_2931.jpg

These are two of the most sought after species in the hobby. Only reason I've kept them this long. Not too worried about what's offered in trade. Heck, cover shipping and they're yours even. But some sort of compensation would be appreciated if you can dig it.

Last edited:
THEY'RE GONE! My closet space thanks you buddy.

that was fast

that was fast

"normal" people just don't realize how rare these guys really are. Luckily for me, most of my friends aren't normal people. They're aliens..

Chu Cockaroach! Chu wanna war with Tony Montana!??! I have seen green ones that look pretty cool. Or the Madagascar hissing cockaroach might be cool so long as they don't get out of hand or get loose.:)

I loved mork and mindy when I was a kid.

So did I. Remember when they had a son and it was Jonathan Winters ? Man, that was great. Last funny thing Robin Williams ever did. He just got obnoxious after that show.

the 70's will do that to a person.

How do you even find rare roaches?

i got some collectable dog turds in my backyard, any takers? :p
No thanks, I already own the rare albino variety.

Roaches are pretty cool though imo. Always wanted some hissing roaches since I saw them at Zoo camp as a kid.

That's something I never expected..... I always thought people bred roaches just to feed their tarantulas and reptiles. I guess it's like the snake breeders that breed rats, only to get attached to a few and develop a new rat breed.

The glow spot roaches sell from $11-$14ea. as adults. Too rare and too expensive to use as feeders. I've bred my fair share of feeders over the years though.

The glow spots are cool. I paid about the same price for snails once, but they were really cool snails (Tylomelania).

That's something I never expected..... I always thought people bred roaches just to feed their tarantulas and reptiles. I guess it's like the snake breeders that breed rats, only to get attached to a few and develop a new rat breed.

Or, like those weirdos who grow plants that eat bugs.....

Back