What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

This plant has a new shoot growing well (you can't see the pitchers in the pic) and has an older shoot that has pretty much lost all its pitchers and looks a bit haggard. And suffered a bit of nibbling. I am thinking cutting it back will send any new growth to the newer better looking shoot. So I think this could make say four cuttings. The growing tip has browned, so anything will be most likely froms a side bud, not the terminal. I think one or two for trade, and the others as a giveaway for postage. Or however that susses out. Perhaps to those who are undernepresented.:) I don't do so well with rooting neps, so I would rather have someone else take that on. Originally labeled as a male, though it has not flowered for me.
IMGP8515_zps2d14ac64.jpg
For some reason, a chocolate plant spring up in there. Post here and email to gnixon@satx.rr.com if you wish to offer a trade for one of two, and same if you want one of the giveaway two. A random # generator will be used to get the giveaway numbers. But how to get the range? I guess post TF name and number you want from 1 to whatever and the number of entrants will determine the range. Or else one of you figure it out for me.:)

Good luck with the trades! The cutting I got from you a while ago died, unfortunately, but probably due to rapid changing conditions it didn't like.

I would like to participate in the giveaway....

As far as the range goes; I would guess it depends on you....I am not sure how popular this species but more numbers allows more people to play and less numbers increases the entrant's chances of winning.

I would like to run something different by you....it is a format I intend to use for future giveaways.

If you have 2 to giveaway. Instead of picking 2 winners from 20 how about 2 columns of 10? more people and good odds? ultimately the decision is yours.

#6 pls

I will give it a try but feel free to change if it doesn't suit.

Column #1
6. cbbobby

Column #2

Last edited:
I'm game. Lemme see if I have anything to trade.

I'll take it to e-mail.

That will work as well as any. But what I was originally thinking was that the number of people who expressed interest would be the pool, ie. If ten there would be ten if fifty, fifty. With people adding names and numbers as needed. But lets start with the two columns of ten. I see your point cpbobby. Insofar as wanting to "bid" different #'s depending upon the pool size. Fair enough, lets go with two groups of ten. If more people chime in, I can always shift one of the trade ones into a different giveaway group.
Assuming it is not spoken for by then.

Sorry bout that hcarlton. Feel free to put in here if you wish.

I would enter if I had money for shipping. But instead, I wish good luck to everyone else!

This is such an awesome giveaway! How much would you expect shipping to cost?

@ Sundew, depends upon how much protection you want. Any "parcel" ie., thicker than 3/8 of an inch, is going to be a minimum of $1.95 at the USPO. If a cardboard box, it may go up according to weight. If shipped Priority that starts at $5.25. Funny, every time I ask the PO people when did these rates go to that?? Or when did the minimum cost to send a parcel go from like fifty cents to almost two sawbucks. They just look at me funny.

Whoops, a sawbuck is a tenner. Make that just two bucks. Inflation ain't that bad just yet.

Column #1
4.Redhead_ted :)
6. cbbobby

Column #2

I assume one can only enter once - in only one column either column#1 or column#2 ??

Column #1
4.Redhead_ted
6. cbbobby

Column #2
7. afrodisa

Thanks so much! This is an awesome nep to be giving away :D

Column #1
4.Redhead_ted
6. cbbobby

Column #2
1.Sundrew
7. afrodisa

Column #1
4.Redhead_ted
6. cbbobby

Column #2
1.Sundrew
4.mickey
7. afrodisa

Hi there,

Update: I sent out the two upper cuttings in trade, and the two lower ones have the older more woody stem/stalk, and the leaves are browned. They are both two node cuttings - however since you will most likely have a tougher time with these than others that are green and vigorous I will send these out at no charge to the winners. Will get the numbers tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

Hello again,

The first run at random.com for column 1, using 1 - 10 gave 8, and the second one gave 6 so cpbobby gets one. The first one for column 2 gave 5 and the second gave 7, so afrodisa gets that one. Please send me your address via email (beginning of the post) and I will get these out asap. Thanks for participating, best of luck in rooting!

Got the cutting this afternoon, will give it my best shot.

Thanks

Back