What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Established hamata or macrophylla

Good luck on this quest. Might be a long wait.

It depends what you mean by "established"; if you mean you want larger-than-one-or-two-inch plants, that is indeed going to be a challenge. Most of us have settled for buying plants in the 2" or smaller category and growing them on. That said, it appears that a certain Cali nursery does have hamata (Malesiana clone) available in what looks to be a size larger than 2". Not inexpensive, as you might expect, but its not like you find big plants of this for sale.....ever.

If all you want is a plant that has been in the US for six months or more and is growing well, (size irrelevant) then there are sources. If you want suggestions, PM me.

wistuba has small ones now for sale but i mean small nice but small

I'll post what they look like when it gets here. ;-)

The California nursery... Their hamatas are maybe 3" across producing like 1.5" pitchers that you can actually see some nice teeth on. I'd say in a year they would look pretty nice. They have a beautiful speckling which I absolutely love. Not very cheap though. If they were under $200, I would have got one myself. The 1" ones are like $220, the 3" ones are $280... I'd personally pay the 8" extra and get triple and a better survival chance. ;)

That Calif nursery sold me a "medium" plant that measures about 2.5 inches. Read carefully.

Back