What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Propagation Giveaway

Wow thanks for the pic and the plant

Wow thanks for the pic and the plant

my pleasure buddy.
Suppose it's that time for a small tutorial on how I propagate ceph leaves huh?

I'll start this off by apologizing to the winners. I wasn't able to scrounge up enough propagation cups to do this part for you guys. Which is what I had originally planned when starting this giveaway. Sorry guys, epic giveaway failure. Hopefully all of you are able to still make this a success.

I start off by using pure live LFS in a plastic dixi cup.
Laying the leaves as flat as I can with the cut end below the surface.
Under bright light, slightly moist 24/7, and in cool HL conditions.

I find by using peat based mixes in warm-hot conditions, the leaves tend to die quicker for various reasons. So this is the method I've had best success with.

A couple different leaf cuttings about 3-6 months old.

IMG_6924.jpg

the largest leaf is the original cutting in this cup. Everything else is new growth..

IMG_6925.jpg

If curiosity starts to get the best of you, fight it back. Don't do this, this is bad.
As long as the leaf isn't browning, you're good. Leave it be for as long as it takes.

IMG_9775.jpg

I got mine today thanks again mass.Ill keep you posted.Oh whats the sarracenia seedling O.C.?edit open pollinated

Last edited:
Back