What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll take your unwanted subulata!

I need a large quantity of U. subulata to plant in my 125 gallon terrarium. I need ground cover and I think subulata would work nicely. If you want, I can pay for shipping. Also, if anyone has any other unwanted weedy Utricularia, I would love to take them off your hands for you. I dont have anything to trade currently so the best I can offer is to pay for shipping.

That looks very interesting! I don't know if it would grow in my tank though.

The tank is very humid (always condensation on the glass) and soil moisture levels range from wet to soaking wet because there is a small filter in the water section and it needs a higher water level than what was advertised so we had to raise the water level.
Also, my tank doesn't have a lot of light. There is only a single 4ft 2 bulb fixture on the tank right now and the bulbs are long overdue to be replaced. I am going to get another 4ft 2 bulb fixture though and replace the bulbs soon.

I do have a small pond in the terrarium.... well, it is actually a vivarium. I have zebra danio and a tadpole as well as a couple frogs that the tadpole will grow up to be. I do want to put some U. gibba in the pond but I have to wait for the tadpole to grow up or move him to a different tank because he is about 1 1/2 inches long and I know he could devour gibba in no time.
I do want to put carnivorous plants in the tank but I am also looking for other plants. Unfortunately, most of the plants that are in the tank were poor choices so my dad and I will be replanting the tank soon. I just don't know what could survive in the tank. CP wise, I have been thinking Utricularia, Drosera adelae, Pinguicula primuliflora, a small nepenthes (there are orchids planted on the background of the tank and they seem to be doing well so I figure a nepenthes planted the same way would grow but I do plan to research it first).

Back