What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Miranda out for a bit of filtered light, look what I found...trade or...??

Hola, amigos y amigas!

Today I noticed a good sized basal on my miranda that I had not seen before. Four inches or so, tip to tip, or thereabouts. I can feel its connection to the plant just below the top of the soil, and think there should be some attached roots as it is partially buried, but don't want to dig it up till I am ready to pass it on.

I was thinking about one of two things, a trade for some rooted LL or possibly intermediate nep if available, my success in rooting is somewhat limited.

or if that is not in the offing, to do a giveaway to someone of beginner status, we all know what it is like to have little to trade with or for. How to determine that status? That is where you would come in - should it go that route. Suggestions, qualifications, elegibility, what do you think?

If this sounds too convoluted, I can drop one half or the other...

IMGP9573.jpg

IMGP9572.jpg

Ciao!

Thats a beast of a plant.

Thanks! You should have seen it when I first got it. Some of the leaves were almost two feet long. My conditions won't sustain that. At least I don't think so. But I do like it.

I'm kind of confused, but as far as the beginner status *raises hand* that would be me.

that basal is too small i think it would not have roots yet wait till next summer and it might but make sure its strong before giving it to a begginer it would stink to get an unrooted basal in the mail (nice plant ) i highly doubt it has any noteable roots yet

Thanks, NB. I like it too. I took a couple of other shots of it, after moving it from behind a much larger shoot. I may have stated it wrong, I can't see where the shoot attaches to the main plant, just where it come up from the soil. It's pretty good size, but truth be told I cannot tell that much without digging it up, and from there, its a done deal pretty much, right? Also, the shoot is almost the same color as the media, so hard to see. Does this tell you more?
IMGP9659.jpg
IMGP9660.jpg

Bical Ive had basals two of them. A hookeriana and a north x vent that came to me "Too small" They were smaller than a 50cent peice both are growing awesomely. so never underestimate basals. LOL

That is not to say some plants may not like being cut that small but I woudln't say it as a rule, but your also talking to someone who isn;t afraid to top a nep even without a basal growing. Cause I KNOW it will produce a side shoot or basal after its cut.

Back