What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Rad Neoregelia "fireball" pups for trade!!

Hey y'all, feel free to take this down if its in the wrong spot since it is NOT a carnivore. I recently bought a pretty big Neoregelia "fireball". Its an awesome brom that turns bright red in high light (look it up its shweet!). I bought it on friday and it was dark green due to being grown in a orchid greenhouse but it's monday now and its already turning red after being on my sunny porch for a few days. Anyways, its a huge, vigorous specimen and there are tons of pups (offshoots) coming off of the mother plant. Some are very established and others are pretty small. I hear its perfect for a terrarium, and dart frogs love to lay eggs in them. I'd like to spread the love if anyones interested in a small trade. I saw that someone posted a photo of one a while ago and people seemed interested so heres an example of what one looks like:
fireballzzz_zps6c9b0343.jpg

fireballz_zps4fbfd0bc.jpg

I have one pup thats rooted and the other ones will be very fast to do so. i was reading that its fine to ship them with no roots and they will become established quickly. I won't cut more off the mother unless anyones interested but heres a picture of Mama:
firebalzz_zps7e065667.png

If your interested but weary to trade until they're rooted I can take some cuttings and let them do their thang first. Also at that point they'll be a deep red color which was the main appeal of this species to me in the first place. Feel free to call me out if any of the info I stated about the species was wrong as I just learned all I know from the internet. Good growing urrbody! :-O

P.S. I ordered a "full grown" fireball online a few days before I discovered this one at a nursery, and it cost me $10. The pups that I would be trading out (unless you want a teeny one for a small viv or something) would be significantly larger than the one I got. I figure the value to me would be a sundew or two or something similar. I'm open to any offers though so just shoot me a PM if your even remotely interested. Thanks Guys and Gals

What type of sundews are you looking for?

Would you be interested in a nice sized Billbergia Nutans / Bromeliad Queen's Tears pup???
Makes a really cool flower...

Also have a lot of other Broms I can offer pups from but NOID

LMK

Evil G: At the moment I'm only really looking for cp's. Although I am starting to get into broms and I will probably be down to make that or a similar trade pretty soon. I'm going to see what carnivores I can get for these few pups I have (there are a bunch but I still want a good sized plant for myself) and I'm sure I'll have one maybe even two left over. I'll get back to you in a few days.
Kat: pretty much anything thats not a capensis, alicea, spatulara or capillaris. PM me what you have available and maybe we can make a trade.

When we get throught this weather get back to me and I can help you both out with broms
Phil

Back