What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fresh LFS for trade

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trade
why thank you, you are so kind. I got 3 gallons of that already, and Neon Signs are not needed to find the Dews. Probably harder to find the moss than the Dews

lol.. mah man.

got my moss in yesterday everything looks good too I wish I would've found some dews in my batches :-( however I still have one more bag to go through tomorrow :-D

got my moss in yesterday everything looks good too I wish I would've found some dews in my batches :-( however I still have one more bag to go through tomorrow :-D

there is almost no way that you could not find Dews in there. You need to pull it all apart and inspect it.

I always get them showing up in my nep pots. The unseen drosera seeds in the LFS tend to germinate under the lights..

Here's that pic again of what is in this LFS, will help you to train your eye on finding the dews!

Last edited:
Starting to go fast.. get it while I got it.

This sphagnum moss looks absolutely gorgeous.......... Just curious though, should one have reservations on bringing in an outdoor source of sphagnum and placing it in an indoor garden? Are you doing some type of flush before placing the material within your garden? just wondering............ THANKS

I actually made a point of bringing this same thing up in post #15..

"2. Keep in mind this is all wild collected LFS. So the presence of bugs and insects is probably a given. Be sure to take precautionary measures before use. Personally, I submerge the LFS in a bucket of water for a few hours. That usually does the trick.. "

I've seen ants, spiders, pill bugs, etc.. But the LFS being underwater for a few hours flushes these things out, and in a hurry. I've been using this wild collected LFS on my indoor pots for years. As long as the precautionary measures are taken, I've yet to have any sort of bug related problems indoors.

It also gives you a chance to pick out all the DEWS!!! :-O

Would you be willing to trade a gallon for a blooming size devision of Bulbophyllum Vaginatum with 12 bulbs?

All trade matters should be handled in private. But I can give an easy answer to this one.. CP's only please.

ALL packages have shipped! Saw plenty of sundews during the packaging, so keep your eyes peeled upon arrival.

Just an FYI to those of you that have gotten LFS..

2 weeks ago I stuck a little less than a half gallon of moss in a tray in the outdoor GH. At that time, there were 0 visible sundews.
Just went out and took a look today, and I can see at least 30 D. rotundifolia with little to no effort of looking for them.

My zircon encrusted tweezers are quivering with anticipation............

Your tweezers would have more to do if you stick that LFS under lights for a week or two. Before the bug flush of course.. I was amazed at how many seeds germinated in that one little clump of moss during the past 2 weeks.

ahhh! the moss is plagued :lol: i want a refund :awesome: haha

Gotcha!

Wrapped the purps in my bog in this LFS, and upon checking on them today I found tons of GIANT D. rotundifolia plants. Couldn't believe how big they were..
Upon putting the LFS in, I saw nothing. Guess they were dormant.. ???

Back