What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fresh LFS for trade

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trade
That time of year again..
shoot me a PM if you're in need.

The green kind..

Not much red or orange LFS out there yet this year.

Long fiber Sphagnum... Not all Sphagnum is LFS though.

Mass, I think pics may help sell the deal. I'd be interested depending on how it looks... Do you have anything similar to Sphagnum papillosum (fat fibers)? If you could find some dark red stuff, that would be cool. :)

Ya, a picture of what I bought would be nice!!!:-))

beautiful sphagnum, good choice by me..:banana2:

I've got a little less than 10 gallons left.
Not sure when I'll be doing another collection.. so get it while it's hot.

Unless your friend's mower has a seed catcher, the moss that is shredded will actually result in more growth, since mosses are able to reproduce asexually through fragmentation. Assuming there are some invasive plant species out there, he may be helping to rebuild the ecosystem in this regard.

I just finished soaking my moss and searching out BONUS plants. I almost didn't have enough pots for the D. rotundafolia that was in there. Right at 50 of them in 3 x gallon bags. Thanks Mass, it was well worth it. Bugs weren't bad in it either, my Sarrs appreciated some of them. :boogie:

Glad you like it!
Like Mat pointed out, the mower may be doing more propagating than we know. Even with sundews..
There does seem to be more and more out there each year.

ALL of the packages went out today!
A couple things I should point out though..

1. USPS shipping costs went up again. Those of you that payed for your own LFS shipping costs, I had to cover $2 per package to ship them. So you'd better enjoy that LFS!! As long as you do, we can call it square.
2. Keep in mind this is all wild collected LFS. So the presence of bugs and insects is probably a given. Be sure to take precautionary measures before use. Personally, I submerge the LFS in a bucket of water for a few hours. That usually does the trick..

Also, another round of LFS will be collected on Friday. So no worries, I won't be running out of available LFS anytime soon.

Same locale. Im sure same property, but same area? I may need another couple gallon. I ran out. ???

Fresh LFS is IN!!! Many gallons available..
Also, the sundews are EVERYWHERE out there. Couldn't find a place to walk on the trail without stepping on them. So I've got quite a few gallons available with visible D. rotundifolia. Get it while supplies last!

Back