What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CorneliusSchrute

A leuco by any other name would still be as glutto
I am very fond of the plants I am listing here, but I have multiples of them all and would like to diversify my collection.

First: the orchids. I do not know how much interest there will be in these, but I know there is some overlap in interest. The first is a Cattleya hybrid, but unfortunately I lost the ID tag. I *think* it may be something like 'Volcano Queen.' The second is a Schomburgkia tibicinis. Both have tenacious new growth and will probably flower within a year or two. They are mounted to seven inch logs of persimmon wood.

If you have never grown a mounted orchid they are a piece of cake in my opinion. The two listed like to dry out completely between waterings, so I either dunk or spray them every other day and fertilize weakly weekly with a sprayer. The Schomburgkia especially likes it dry and hardly needs watered at all between November and March. Bright indirect light is best, but they could potentially handle more direct light, though I have never tried it.

Back into more familiar territory, I also have a few spare Venus flytrap 'Maroon Monsters' I am considering trading. These are flowering size, not divisions.

If any of this sounds interesting, I would be open to trading for almost anything carnivorous. I am particularly interested in Sarracenia that I do not grow, namely psittacina and minor and their associated hybrids. I am looking to develop a colony of Darlingtonia, as well, so that would be a good offer. I will be glad to hear any offer, however.

Finally, pictures. First, the Schomburgkia tibicinis.

3e042963b573e75c78e8b3e32f5e1400_zps27486ca4.jpg

The Cattleya.

38c6bd76ba97e6450a488849dff77b05_zpsfe5bf799.jpg

...and the 'Maroon Monsters.'

2a759d54bbd87430b03055afa47c45da_zps27b0901f.jpg

Would you be interested in a Nepenthes "Viking" for a flytrap? It's a lowlander.

@lil Maybe. Would it grow well in a window sill? I am quite naive in regards to Neps, and the windowsill is the only place I have to grow them.

Pmed

My PM box has been cleaned out, PM away :)

BTW, not letting me Email you for some reason.

@lil Maybe. Would it grow well in a window sill? I am quite naive in regards to Neps, and the windowsill is the only place I have to grow them.

Alas, no. N. "Viking"is debated whether it's a sub-species of N. mirabilis or it's own species N. globosa, but either way, it's not tolerant of low humidity. If you had a place to keep it warm and humid all year it would thrive, but not 99.9% of most windowsills.

@lil Bummer! Low humidity is probably why my ventrata isn't looking so hot, pitcher wise.

PM coming your way, Exo!

I do have one that will eventually grow in a windowsill, it's already outside the terrarium and is inflating pitchers. N. morganiana. I only have fresh cuttings, though.

Oh, well. If I think of something, I'll pop in.

Hey Corey, your inbox is full buddy.

Jeepers. That happened fast. I just cleared the box last night. I will ix that now.

So clearing my sent messages is a good idea, too. Sort of forgot to do that too.

Should be plenty of room now. PM away!

The Schomburgkia orchids and the Maroon Monsters are either packaged for shipping or spoken for, but I still have the Cattleya.

Thanks to all those who are swapping! I am looking forward to your plants, and I hope you enjoy mine.

Back