What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera indica seed pack giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer reopened

OK, it's time to pay it forward a bit. I have four packs of Drosera indica seed (approx. 50+/pack) to giveaway for SASE. The source of seed is from plants grown from seed courtesy of SDCP's giveaway last year. All packs are harvest dated today 8/15/13. The seed should be viable as seeds I harvested from the same plants have sprouted for me already after only a couple weeks.

Because there are only four packs this will be a "first come first served" giveaway. Please cut and paste the list with your name in the appropriate spot and PM me for my address afterword. I am not sure how in demand these will be so please refresh and be sure not to bump anyone who posted before you. Again supplies are limited to these 4 packs.
Limit one pack per person, and also limited to U.S. residents only please.

Last edited:
1. EntoHerptology thanks!

2. Clue - thanks! I always wanted to try D. indica again

3.tatorger- thanks!

one pack left.

Ento and tator please Private Message for address.

3.tatorger- thanks!
4. JB_orchidguy. I have yet to get sprouts with these guys. Here's to trying again. Ty.

Whoops, too late. Congrats everyone.

Thanks to the lucky 4 for the interest in this giveaway! If and when more seeds from this specie and others become available I will do another giveaway at that time.

Suggestions for sprouting your seed: LFS has been the medium I have had the best luck with at liest as a top-dressing for the peat to prevent unwanted mosses during germination. I have been sprouting them covered with cling wrap on top of a light fixture which has kept day time temps fairly high...I would guess 80-85 degrees. After germination and first carnivorous leaves, lose the plastic wrap and they seem to like it less wet than many other dews and appreciate warmth and intense light. Feed them at an inch tall or so and watch out they'll be 10" before you know it and eating everything around.

Here is a link to see what you are getting into courtesy of CPlantaholic and SDCP's (which is where the seed I started with originated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4LNl8fYiWY

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Those plants look incredible, and the little seedlings will be great companions for my sundew duo in my greenhouse.

Hoping they germinate :)
Thanks so much for this opportunity!

Good Growing,
Kenny

Thanks for the input on how to grow!! Hope I can get germ on these.

I still have yet to get envelopes from a couple folks. Get them in the mail when you can.

Quite welcome! Remember to be patient, they may take from a few weeks to a few months to germ.

OFFER REOPENED

Well lets see if we can get two more takers. There will be numbers 5 and 6 available for SASE Drosera indica seed. In other words I have two more packs available.

OFFER REOPENED

Well lets see if we can get two more takers. There will be numbers 5 and 6 available for SASE Drosera indica seed. In other words I have two more packs available.

5.Ktulu -Thank you!

bump

still one pack left....anyone?

im sooooo sorry, i totally forgot about this! if you can forgive me, i would love to re- enter if there is any more available i will send the sase out tomorrow!

no need to be sorry tator. I still have a pack set aside for your previous entry and there is still one pack available for grabs.

I would like a pack if that pack is still up for grabs please. Thanks-Noah.

OFFER CLOSED

Ngantnier: I will PM you my address to send your SASE. That will conclude this round of the giveaway.

OFFER CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back