What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ampullaria 'green'

I have a N. ampullaria 'green" vine that I was planning on cutting to speed up the growth of the basals on the plant. The plant is about 8-10'' across. This is more of a feeler, im not sure if there will be any interest in an unrooted cutting of an amp. If there is I am looking for LL neps, I would love to get a raff of any size.
If no interest is shown i'll post again when its rooted

Thanks for looking
-Travis

I'm interested. I have N. viking x raff. I might be able to get a cutting. It is blooming right now but I will check on it tomorrow to see if it can be trimmed.

catrus do you have any pics?

Bump, would anyone be interested in a rooted cutting, im still debating whether or not to cut it. If anyone is interested in a rooted cutting let me know and ill get it started

I have what I think is N. x dyeriana and it looks like this: I am perfectly happy rooting the amp myself. I can ship you 2-3 cuttings of my Nep next week if you are interested. Also have ventricosa, alata, and a probable BE maxima once sold as eymae.

I am interested in the ampullaria, but they don't root easily in my experience. I'd be afraid to trade for a fresh cutting. If you have rooted cuttings one day I'm happy to trade for it.

@theplantman: pretty cool looking nep but unfortunately it looks a little big for my current space, also i only have a grow space for LLers at the moment

@carbonect: I have had the complete opposite experiences with amp cuttings, but I would be glad to root it for you. What do you have available in the way of LL neps?

I have a gracilis nigra purpurea cutting all ready to go. Otherwise I don't have many lowlanders. Ampullaria brunei speckled is probably the only other one I could cut.

Back