What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Pollen Wanted

Hey all, I'm going to need some pollen for my female maxima (Sam Estes Clone CO225). Just noticed the inflorescence today so, there's still plenty of time. Standard 50/50 split on seeds.

Thanks !

I've got fresh N. Gothica, (spectabilis X mira), Song of Melancholy, (thorelii X aristolochioides), (maxima X [lowii x stenophylla]), and [(veitchii X lowii) X spectabilis]. Maybe others, I need to look. Let me know if any of those appeals to you.

Maybe the S.O.M. or the veitchii x (lowii x spectablis). Either of those would be nice. It's a particularly nice looking maxima clone.

Maybe the S.O.M. or the veitchii x (lowii x spectablis). Either of those would be nice. It's a particularly nice looking maxima clone.

This particular Song of Melancholy is a solid red peristome clone, FYI.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Its this one....its a very solid, serious pitcher:
20131009-170841.jpg

If you want to try a second cross, I should be able to offer some spathulata pollen, if the timing is right.
It might be interesting to see the reverse of the usual (spathulata x maxima).

All I've got at the moment are N. x mixta and N. 'Miranda' pollen. Offspring would look similar, but backcrosses can sometimes turn out really nice....

I have "first light" if you are interested. It still needs time.

If you want to try a second cross, I should be able to offer some spathulata pollen, if the timing is right.
It might be interesting to see the reverse of the usual (spathulata x maxima).

I'll give that one a whirl too. That's the best thing about the genus, every pod could be of a different cross if desired.

Thanks !

Back