What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everybody!

I'm looking to start a succulent bed at my house and I'm in need of plants to fill it with. They need to be zone 8 hardy. I'm looking for Agave americana in particular, but all agave will be considered. Yuccas, Odd-ball hen and chicks, Delosperma, Moranense, Orostachy, Pallidum, Othonna, Reflexum, Sichotense, Sexangulare, Spurium, Stenopetalum, Tectorum, Villiosum just to name a few. I will also always consider CPs for trade (like all of us would). I'm just going to copy and paste my sarracenia section of my growlist. I have divisions of all of them. Don't count plants that are under CITES regulations, they are not for trade for obvious reasons.

Hail Sarracenia! The kings of carnivorous plants!
Adam

Sarracenia
- alata "Harrison CO, MS"
- alata "Heavy Veins" "Stone CO, MS"
- flava var. maxima
- flava var. rubicorpora "Apalachicola, NF"
- flava var. rubicorpora "Red Giant" "Apalachicola, NF"
- flava var. ornata "Grayton CO, FL"
- flava var. typical
- leucophylla "burgandy"
- leucophylla "Washington CO. AL"
- leucophylla "Crestview, FL"
- leucophylla "Tarnok"
- leucophylla "Titan"
- minor "Orange CO, FL"
- oreophila
- pcittacenia
- purpurea ssp. venosa
- rosea
- rubra ssp. rubra
- rubra ssp. jonesii
- rubra ssp. gulfensis
- rubra ssp. alabamensis
- rubra ssp. wherry
- rubra "anthocyanin free"
- x catesbaei
- x chelsonii
- x moorei
- x popei
- x readii
- x swaniana
- "Judith Hindle"
- "Scarlette Belle"
- "Dana's Delight"

I've got an Optunia that I grow outside year round in Boston if you're interested. It's a mostly spineless variety. Might have to wait until the snow melts to get you some pads though.

Unfortunately I have Optunia growing wild all over my property. Mine make yellow flowers. If yours are pink or red or anything other than yellow flowers, we can work something out.

Nope. Just boring yellow. Sorry Adam.

Any specific CPs you are looking for?

I have a whole pile of Hen and chicks that I would love to trade some or all for some Sarracenia. That tray is roughly 18 inches square. Not sure if they are anything you would be interested in, but they have survived Oregon coast weather for about 6 years. Two separate week long freezes so far this year. Let me know.

20130821_135013.jpg

@Oregoncp - The only CP that I'm putting an effort into making a trade for is S. minor var. okefenokeensis; but, I will always consider all temperate CPs. Tropicals, you pretty much have to give those to me lol

I have an Opuntia with orange flowers. I also collect Sedums. It's not a good time to share them is it?
I'm interested in your:
- flava var. rubicorpora "Apalachicola, NF"
- flava var. rubicorpora "Red Giant" "Apalachicola, NF"
- flava var. ornata "Grayton CO, FL"
- leucophylla "Washington CO. AL"
- leucophylla "Crestview, FL"
- minor "Orange CO, FL"
Especially

I've got a small clump of Agave parryi var. Huachucensis in a pot that I've been thinking about dividing and repotting, I could send you one. The A. parryi complex is ridiculously hardy, like down to below 0 F. There are also a few weedy patches of A. americana growing near me that I've been eyeing for a couple of months. I could probably actually get you quite a few pups – they're growing in like vacant lots and next to freeway onramps. I'd have to scope it out, but they could possibly even be of good size. I was planning on getting some for myself once the weather warmed up anyway. How many would you like?

I'm mostly interested in:

- flava var. maxima
- flava var. typical
- leucophylla "Tarnok"
- leucophylla "Titan"
- minor "Orange CO, FL"

I think I have close to 150 named sempervivums, about the same number of sedums.

Back