What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep Cuttings for Trade (and Giveaway!)

ErrorEN

Your Real Mom
------OFFER CLOSED-------

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a rather large nepenthes from a friend of mine and I am giving away some cuttings. The exact hybrid is unknown, its only known parent being Nepenthes Ventricosa. Nevertheless, it is a very large, pretty looking plant and I have A LOT of cuttings to get rid of. These cuttings are from the plant on the left in the picture and the plants themselves are mother plants from the stock at Booman Floral.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42560230@N08/13567517803/in/photostream/player/" width="375" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Uppers:
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42560230@N08/13567448935/in/photostream/player/" width="283" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42560230@N08/13567522693/in/photostream/player/" width="283" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Couldn't find any intact lowers but judging from the other plants, they aren't very impressive.

The plant has evidently flowered multiple times but the stalk was lost before I could obtain the plant and figure out its gender. Only clue I have at the moment is this blurry picture if anyone wants take a guess.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/42560230@N08/13567449995/in/photostream/player/" width="375" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

------OFFER CLOSED------

Last edited:
Post your name in the list below and shoot me a PM if you're interested.
1 Phake33 - Thanks PM me info!
etc

There are also 2 N. x Miranda cuttings if anyone wants those.

2 NatchGreyes
etc

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
etc

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
4 Pearldiver many thanks!
etc

Also thought I'd mention to you guys that this plant has been adapted to rather low humidity and should do very well as a houseplant. :) There's a little more info about this plant on the Booman Floral website but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link. It is apparently capable of making pitchers up to 8 inches long and is " well adapted to conditions in homes. Traps form in Summer at the ends of the leaf tip tendrils, and sport streaks and spots of purple." according to the website. Sounds like a great plant!

Last edited:
2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
5 catrus TY!
etc

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
5 catrus TY!
6 nikki630 -- you rock
etc

1 nikki630 -- you rock even more :)

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
5 catrus TY!
6 nikki630 -- you rock*
7 wesly2010
etc

1 nikki630 -- you rock even more :)*

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
5 catrus TY!
6 nikki630 -- you rock*
7 wesly2010
8 ego3k - Thanks!
etc

2 NatchGreyes
3 Incognito - Thanks!
5 catrus TY!
6 nikki630 -- you rock*
7 wesly2010
8 ego3k - Thanks!
9 aerogrower-you are awesome thank you
etc

2 aerogrower-thank you !!

Everything's all packed up and ready to go. Spent a good 1 hour and a half figuring out how to cram them into the boxes. :-D I will be contacting each of you with a confirmation number tomorrow.

I will be sending payment later today.

Woke up late today and all of the post offices were closed. ???
These will be going out on Monday for sure. Sorry for the inconvenience.

How certain are you that one of the parents is ventricosa? The pitchers don't seem to exhibit any ventricosa traits. It looks a lot more like N. x Mixta.

It's the only parent listed on the website. I can PM you a link if you'd like.

Sure. But if that's what the link states, I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I've never seen a ventricosa hybrid that shows no ventricosa traits in the pitchers, which make this hybrid extremely unusual. Just something for everyone to keep in mind when making tags for your plants -- if you put "ventricosa hybrid", you may want to add a big question mark. Regardless of its parentage, the uppers are very nice.

When I receive the cuttings, I will have some people ID them for me. Couple wise guy PhD types.

I got the cuttings today!
TY SO MUCH!
10153862_10201811077494642_8249837719911432962_n.jpg

Great! :D I hope they didn't get too beat up.

Back