What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One lucky person shall be the proud owner of my extra plants, plants I either never intended to have or have far too many of. It comes complete with:

Two different vigorous sarracenia, I don't really know what they are, as they are from seed and the seeds were mislabeled as drosera seeds. Probably nothing rare, but who knows?

5 of my rather interesting eBay drosera seedlings, supposedly from a self pollinating Marston Dragon, who knows what they will look like mature.

1 young drosera spatulata, so far all green, other than that I couldn't really say where it originates from. It is roughly half a year old.

1 young drosera capensis. Supposedly the all red form, but so far has not gained color and just seems to be typical, but perhaps that is because I feed it so often. Also roughly half a year old.

This would be great for anyone just starting with their first plants, or for those people who have since lost some of their more common species or just never got around to having them. I only ship to the United States. They will be shipped potted together, don't worry, none of them look so similar that you won't easily be able to separate them out.

To win, you have to guess who my favorite historical figure of the past 200 years is. Hint, their death was related directly to their work which they are famous for.

And yes, shipping is all on me. This is 100% free.

Last edited:
I really, really doubt this is it...but:

Louis Slotin? Worked on the manhattan project and died from a lethal dose of hard radiation?

I think you need a better hint... this is too hard.

Maybe say what the persons work was?

Last edited:
Ok, 2 hints, it is a political figure. If I gave country of origin it would be too obvious. But they aren't from the Western Hemisphere or Europe.

Last edited:
Then I'd say Abraham Lincoln, who was killed because of his stance against slavery.

(Please don't flame me if that's not correct. That's the only motivation I can see for his death, lol.)

Last edited:
Then I'd say Abraham Lincoln, who was killed because of his stance against slavery.

(Please don't flame me if that's not correct. That's the only motivation I can see for his death, lol.)

-_- I just said they aren't from the Western Hemisphere or Europe. The United States is in the Western Hemisphere.

-_- I just said they aren't from the Western Hemisphere or Europe. The United States is in the Western Hemisphere.

LMAO...I read "of" instead of "or" sorry. I thought America was fair game. @_@

Well dang....as much as I'd like to win this...I'm going to have to bow out. Any historical figures I'm familiar with are from way beyond 200 years ago. v_v

Last edited:
LMAO...I read "of" instead of "or" sorry. I thought America was fair game. @_@

Well dang....as much as I'd like to win this...I'm going to have to bow out. Any historical figures I'm familiar with are from way beyond 200 years ago. v_v

Reading that with the word "of", the sentence makes no sense, but whatever, no, North America, South America, and Europe have been eliminated as countries of origin.

Reading that with the word "of", the sentence makes no sense, but whatever, no, North America, South America, and Europe have been eliminated as countries of origin.

Technically, "Western hemisphere" doesn't make sense, since the world is a sphere, and the only two points one can definitively define are the North and South magnetic poles. :p

But yeah, I'll leave this one to someone more well-versed in history than I am...........reluctantly.

(Why couldn't you have asked a question about Greek mythology "grr")

Sorry to nitpick, but don't you mean continents?

You guys can guess how many times you want, just don't fill the page with answers before I respond, give people a fighting chance.

Wow, I might really have to say country of origin after all... No, not yet. Another hint, they died in the 1940s

Back