What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you sir, you are the winner. Although I have to give credit to Bio for answering correctly first, although I guess they didn't want the prize. Pm me your address so that I might ship out the plants early next week.

Last edited:
I like the guy for his unwavering dedication towards peace and freedom. Sadly, as is the case with many men and women who use peaceful means by which to attain their vast political goals, his enemies were not so reserved. January 30, 1948 he was shot 3 times in the chest and killed at the age of 78.

But you guys have to admit, if I had stated the person was from India, someone would have guessed it immediately, am I right?

I like the guy for his unwavering dedication towards peace and freedom. Sadly, as is the case with many men and women who use peaceful means by which to attain their vast political goals, his enemies were not so reserved. January 30, 1948 he was shot 3 times in the chest and killed at the age of 78.

But you guys have to admit, if I had stated the person was from India, someone would have guessed it immediately, am I right?

Probably...but your opening post was a little -too- vague, lol. It was good fun.

It was all in good fun!!!! Congratulations to the winner. : )

I like to keep my giveaways interesting. So many people just have those random number drawings, or give plants to whoever gets to the thread soonest, or expect people to have experience or push an obligation to have giveaways on the winners. It can get so dull and repetitive.

Can't believe I didn't guess that! well cool contest idea, I'll have to do somthing similar sometime...

I guessed Ghandi as well! lol im wayy to late for this thread. it was a fun guess tho

Last edited:
Damn -- I was going to say Ghandi ..

Nothing wrong with making folks "work for it". :D

I like to keep my giveaways interesting. So many people just have those random number drawings, or give plants to whoever gets to the thread soonest, or expect people to have experience or push an obligation to have giveaways on the winners. It can get so dull and repetitive.

Gosh, I'm so sorry things are getting boring for you, Sarah!
I can tell you this much: If I am going to invest the time, energy and resources to generate Nepenthes seeds bred from my own select plants, and then choose - purely in the spirit of generosity - to share some of those resources with members of this community, then I have the right to expect the potential recipient(s) to have the skill set to raise actual plants from those seeds. I have zero interest in giving away my hard-won resources to people who don't have the slightest hope of raising viable, lasting plants from them. I'm not some local branch of Edmund Scientific, willing to send seeds to just anyone without considering their abilities. Perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to this sharing thing....maybe TF isn't the right place after all. I mean - what right do I have to ask the recipients of my donations to give something back to the community, right?! :censor: What an outrageous concept.

Last edited:
Gosh, I'm so sorry things are getting boring for you, Sarah!
I can tell you this much: If I am going to invest the time, energy and resources to generate Nepenthes seeds bred from my own select plants, and then choose - purely in the spirit of generosity - to share some of those resources with members of this community, then I have the right to expect the potential recipient(s) to have the skill set to raise actual plants from those seeds. I have zero interest in giving away my hard-won resources to people who don't have the slightest hope of raising viable, lasting plants from them. I'm not some local branch of Edmund Scientific, willing to send seeds to just anyone without considering their abilities. Perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to this sharing thing....maybe TF isn't the right place after all. I mean - what right do I have to ask the recipients of my donations to give something back to the community, right?! :censor: What an outrageous concept.

I never intended offense from saying that, never. I don't understand why you are taking this so badly, I find just the similarity between the methods between how people do these giveaways repetitive, and they often are. This was never directed at you or anyone else specifically.

Back