What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purp Seeds Wanted

CorneliusSchrute

A leuco by any other name would still be as glutto
So none of my Sarracenia purpurea flowered this year, and I was really wanting to grow out some seed stock of this species. If you have any material with location or subspecies data that would rock, but I am down for anything. As your seed becomes available just let me know. I could offer various plants in a trade.

Thanks!

My purp flowered.

I have exactly zero subspecies or location data for it. You're welcome to some as soon as they are ripe. Let me share some pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It has been living in my outdoor zone 5 bog for about a year now. It was originally acquired from a Lowes death Box.

Depending on the seed set I should have some Brunswick County, NC purp seeds in about a month. They're a cross from two specimens I'm calling "Red Fang" and "Orange Goblin". One is very red and ruffly while the other turns orange in winter.

That sounds intriguing, Graham. Let me know what you might want in return when the seed ripens.

I definitely will when the time comes.

Back