What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Nepenthes seeds, no experience nessasary! OFFER CLOSED

Last SASE came in was packed and went out today!

Something dug in my pot of seeds :-\ Hopefully some still sprout.

Has anyone gotten any germination from these seeds yet?

None of mine have germinated

Nope. Not yet. I was thinking about moving them away from light for a few weeks. An absence of light was a trick that seemed to help when germinating Nep seed in the past... For me anyway.

Nope. Not yet. I was thinking about moving them away from light for a few weeks. An absence of light was a trick that seemed to help when germinating Nep seed in the past... For me anyway.

Maybe I'll give that a try with one of the pots I sowed.

How long have they been planted? I have some from another source that I sowed in April that just sprouted last week! Might just have to give them some time.

Houston we have germination!!! I can't get a decent pic with my crappy camera and photographic abilities, but based upon pics from Paul, it's definitely a Nep seedling! More information later today!

Last edited:
Ok, some specifics. I started 3 pots of these. #1 is in my paludarium, temps vary from 65F-75F, humidity from 50%-90%, pot receives low light, about what a Phalaenopsis likes. Nothing there yet.#2 is in a warm room full of aquaria, temps stable around 75F, humidity stable around 70%, pot sits about 2" below a T12 fluorescent that needs replaced BADLY. Nothing there yet.#3 is in a greenhouse at work, temps vary from 50F-85F, although in the last few weeks it hasn't gotten over 75F. No humidity gauge, but it's definitely sticky in there. Pot is under moderately bright light, a Nep miranda a few feet away grows nicely with good color on the pitchers. That's where a single seedling was noticed this morning. Hope this info helps!

Second seedling in the same pot, first noticed yesterday.

Back