What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

large sarracenia giveaway #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you wish to focus on what you have outlined, sure but the rest of the statement containing the words "or payment for shipping" are indicative of a second possibility which is the applicable one in this case.

i have been hearing a "couple days" for close to a week(maybe over a week) and i didn't ignore every attempt just the last 3 basically said the same thing as the rest that i replied to. there is more to it. first he ask me to add his name to the giveaway bc of a dispute with some other people on here, then says he can't pay then ask me to send an invoice then whatever else which i had enough by that time. point being i am not jumping through hoops to give something away. sorry.

my time and patience are limited and my deadline was reasonable.

Last edited:
The shipping money was pending for 3 days, starting on Wednesday. The payment got canceled on Saturday afternoon. I pmed you as soon as that happened, and i never heard a response. How could it have been close to a week when i first started to pm you on Wednesday and my last pm was sent on Saturday?
Here is our whole pm talk, starting on Wednesday the 3rd
Goodkoalie said:
Goodkoalie said:
cpbobby said:
Goodkoalie said:
cpbobby said:
Goodkoalie said:
Hi. I won the large give away #2. Thanks so much this was hte one i wanted to win the most. How mush is shipping?

$7 to ****

i sent out a few yesterday but i could get another one out this week.

thx.

bobby.
What does it mean when a payment is pending in paypal? I might need to wait a few days to send payment or send it my mail, as i just sold a plant for 16.00 but it says it is pending. :(

i do not know.....i have not received anything from you is all i can tell you.
Never mind i have figured it out. I will send it in a couple of days when i get the money from paypal.
Please wait for me. I have it figured out, the money I need to pay for shipping is being clears by paypal and I will send it ASAP. If i do not recieve the money by tommorow, then can I sends the money to you through mail? Thanks so much

my last pm to him
Or can you send me a invoice ****

This is the pm i sent to him though a different fourm

"Please wait for me. I made a sale and it says paypal is pending my purchase and should take no more then 3 days from wednesday, Making it Saturday. If i do not Recieve the money by then can I please send the money to you though mail? I am not sure if you are receiving my pms on tf"

Read more: http://sarracenia.proboards.com/conversation/3183#ixzz3CnCve6vY
I don't need this plant if you are going to act like a giant jerk. In the future all you need to do is aleast respond to someone when they message you even just to say no.

TO EVERYONE ELSE. BE CAREFUL DEALING WITH HIM, HE WONT RESPOND TO YOUR PMS AT ALL OR BE REASONABLE AT ALL WITH YOU. VERY UNTRUSTWORTHY AND SUSPICIOUS IF YOU ASK ME.

Last edited by a moderator:
the other 5 or 6 participants are in a total uproar.

congrats to sflynn the new winner. thank you for your prompt payment.

giveaway closed.

Last edited:
These sort of snarky remarks are not called for.

Given the evidence presented it appears Goodkoalie has a legitimate complaint.

The Trading Post Guidelines advise above all Patience. Both Pyro and myself have done a number of giveaways in our own time and understand the inconvenience of having to make multiple trips to the Post Office. Paypal transactions are not always "instantaneous", sometimes they can take from a few hours to several days to appear. Even several weeks if the sending account is unconfirmed or the back up credit card expired.

People don't visit TF or check their email constantly. There are many reasons why it may take a day or two for people to post. Some people can't access the Internet from work, or don't have reliable Internet access at home and have to go to a public place with Internet access. Patience.

I'm probably going to amend the Trading Forum Guidelines. If there are time limits or deadlines on the offer in regards to the offer itself, or time for recipients to respond or pay for shipping those time limits must clearly be stated in the initial posting of the offer. And those time limits should a reasonable time frame - say a three working days minimum.

I'm closing this thread. If Goodkoalie has sent you money, please refund it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back