What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, first time poster here on terraforums. I thought a seed giveaway might be a good way to kick off my membership here!

I have a copious amount of seed from drosera I've been cultivating for a few years now. I have a large bog and they produced a lot for me this year. I want to add that while I received them as filiformis, I suspect they may be filiformis x intermedia. on 9/15/14 I'll pick 10 numbers to receive seed packets, so post up!

http://i.imgur.com/1han5p4.jpg

Sharing the love is great, but we're all really here to trade. If you want to be assured of a filiformis seed packet, pm me with a trade offer and we can discuss it. I really have SO much of this seed. In addition to the filiformis seed, I also have a bit of pretty fresh (< 2 month) venus flytrap seed, which I will be happy to discuss trading.

That's all the seed I have available for trade right now. Here's a list of seeds I'll be harvesting shortly.

Sarracenia flava
Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle' (flava x purpurea)
Sarracenia purpurea

I also have a number of LARGE plants that I need to divide, and when repotting season comes I'll have mature divisions of these plants available to trade. PM me to discuss.http://imgur.com/mjxg2qu

Sarracenia flava
Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle'
Sarracenia purpurea
Sarracenia alata
Sarracenia jonesii (trades within TN only)

Drosera filiformis (possibly x intermedia)

Pinguicula lutea (possibly mislabeled, hibernaculum forming)http://i.imgur.com/3V8OoI9.jpg

I'm interested in just about anything! I don't have many tropical or subtropical drosera yet, or much in the way of butterworts or utrics, so that's what I'm most interested in. I don't have good conditions for nepenthes at the moment so, much as it saddens me, I'll have to decline them.

more pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/ZuaSL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the generous offers and welcome to TerraForums.

Please note that Sarracenia jonesii is protected under the Endangered Species Act and trading is restricted across state lines. Trades are allowed within your state (TN).

Ah thank you, I'll remove it from the list. I received them from a friend and now I recall him mentioning that.

Edit: I see you've fixed that for me, thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to TF! You sure know how to make an entrance! I'm not interested in your current giveaway, but for future reference would you be interested in non-cp companion plants for your bog? I'm definitely interested in the Pinguicula lutea, but almost all my cps are temperate stuff you apparently already have. My bog is pretty diverse, and I have lots of different stuff available such as native orchids, cranberry, pipeworts, native non-invasive loosestrife, and more. Hopefully we'll talk!

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
3. SFLguy - so it's either D. Filiformis or D. Hybrida?

yep, either filiformis or hybrida, in either case I'm pretty sure it's the NJ pine barrens variety.

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
4. ps3isawesome - ooooooo would love a filiformis!! thanks

Hello and welcome to TF!

I'm almost certain the "lutea" in your picture is P. primuliflora. The leaf shape appears very similar to P. primuliflora, and it is even forming plantlets at the leaf tips. I remember that some places like Lowe's and such were distributing P. primuliflora labeled as P. lutea, if your plant was sourced from there.

Last edited:
1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
5. Sashoke - I can't afford to spend much on Carnivorous Plants, so this would help :D

Welcome to the forum!

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
5. Nepfreak

Thanks for the offer. If chosen, SASE will contain a professional sketch of D. filiformis (or Hybrida) consuming your worst enemy. With luck I'll be able to distribute cutting shoots/next-gen seeds in a year or two!

Thanks w03, I appreciate the ID help.

Sashoke, didn't I already send you some off reddit?

Edit: I guess you must have missed that offer.

Last edited:
Sashoke, didn't I already send you some off reddit?

Edit: I guess you must have missed that offer.

I've never gotten seeds before, so yeah I musta missed it.

@nepfreak you replaced my name! xD

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
5. Sashoke - I can't afford to spend much on Carnivorous Plants, so this would help. :D
6.Nepfreak

There we go ;)

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
5. Sashoke - I can't afford to spend much on Carnivorous Plants, so this would help.
6.Nepfreak
7. charlie - welcome to the forum! Interested in the filiformis, Thanks!

OK! looks like everybody who has responded will be getting drosera seeds. The leftovers will be donated to the ICPS seedbank. Thanks for participating! I'll PM shipping details to send SASE.

1. PitcherPlantr
2. Dragoness - PM sent.
5. Sashoke - I can't afford to spend much on Carnivorous Plants, so this would help.
6.Nepfreak
7. charlie - welcome to the forum! Interested in the filiformis, Thanks!
8. theWayden

oops am I too late? haha nooooo

Back