What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giveaway Orchid Seedlings Bulbo plumatum, Sarcochilus ceciliae, and Sedirea Japonica

All of these were deflasked earlier this year and have been hardening up for a while now in intermediate temps. Many have started new growth. These are very young plants and could take YEARS to flower, so keep that in mind.

All you need to do is post up a photo of something TINY! The winner will be picked by my 14 year old son.

General info: http://www.orchidspecies.com/sarcceciliae.htm, http://www.orchidspecies.com/rhytplumata.htm, and http://www.orchidspecies.com/sedireaaponica.htm

1. Continential US only.
2. You must be an active(ish) member of the forums, if you only post in giveaway threads, move on.
3. We will be shipping out between 19-29 Sept, so you must be able to work around that and we will pick the shipping day . No extra packing days or trips to the post office!
4. You post up a giveway some time before it gets too cold to ship, the expection to this rule is those that clearly fit into the beginner category and have nothing to offer AND are active(ish) members (see rule 2).

Will there be 3 winners, or does 1 winner take all? What day does the giveaway end?

Either way, I'll get this started. It's been years since I've kept any orchids and I can't pass up the chance!

This is Brookesia micra. It is the smallest known chameleon in the world! It grows up to 1.1 inches in size!
Brookesia-micra-journal-pon.jpg

Last edited:
Bog flower aka weed!

Attachments

• 6931-1.jpg
    6931-1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 87
A pic of the Ebola virus:

Attachments

• ev.png
    ev.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 57
Will there be 3 winners, or does 1 winner take all? What day does the giveaway end?

Either way, I'll get this started. It's been years since I've kept any orchids and I can't pass up the chance!

This is an adult Brookesia micra. It is the smallest known chameleon in the world! It grows up to 1.1 inches in size!

Winner takes all, less packing for us. This will end Thur or Fri.

I'll have to look up that tiny chameleon never heard of it.

Tiny duckweed flowers.

The picture has a copyright so I posted a link to it.

I tried to find a picture of a real microscopic motor but had no luck. I found only computer generated models.

Wait... maybe I need to post one of my pictures?

Edit: RSS: "2. You must be an active(ish) member of the forums, if you only post in giveaway threads, move on."

Oh. That disqualifies me. I've had this account for a long time but rarely post here. Sorry.

Last edited:
Is that your cham, Acro? Adorable lil devil!

Don't have pic on hand of when this sling was really teeny, but still twas small when this photo was taken. Avicularia versicolor on my pinky finger ....

I'll hop in here. This is from a place just down the street from me, they're called Accu-mold. They have the tiniest pieces that they make for all kinds of stuff.

slide_1.jpg

Last edited:
I really thought the chameleon would take it but once again I'm wrong.

He went with the Spider! So the winner is DragonsEye

Just need a shipping address PM'd to me.

RSS,
I thought he was going with the chameleon too!!! I thought I had this!
Now I'm itching for some miniature orchids . . .

DragonsEye,
That photo was just one I found. Congrats on winning the win!

I really thought the chameleon would take it but once again I'm wrong.

He went with the Spider! So the winner is DragonsEye

Really?!? Holy crap on a bun! Sweetness!

I REALLY expected that lil chameleon to win it. Lil bugger is cute as the dickens! Perhaps the T had a "coolness factor" with being blue and all.

Thanks for the giveaway, RSS! Pm'ing ya now....

That's why I have my son pick the winners, he always picks something I would have never guessed him picking.

330px-Waterbear.jpg

images

Tardigrades ,also known as waterbears or moss piglets, are water-dwelling, segmented micro-animals, with eight legs

Tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute ZERO to well above the boiling point of water, pressures about six times greater than those found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than the lethal dose for a human, and the vacuum of outer space.

They can go without food or water for more than 10 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.

I know this i old, thought this was neat

Last edited:
Back