What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes ampullaria green Cutting Giveaway for Postage

I need to cut this one before winter sets in or it will completely overrun everything by spring so here is the deal. I will be cutting this Nep at the base of the plant were the soil line is. I have done this a few times and my potted Nep has always grown back, I have NEVER tried to root the cutting so this is a buyer beware kind of giveaway. You may or may not end up with a rooted Nep, that is completely up to what you can do.

For those interested this Nep has been growing in this setup http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...log?highlight=

It is a flood/drain tank that I flood/drain once a week and this Nep has rooted down into the water pool below so it has access too the water 24/7. Temps are a near constant 78 degrees and the water is 0 ppm RO water that I add ferts to get it up to 100 ppm.

I have never heard back from the few people I've mailed Neps off like this before so I have no clue as to how they went.

Anyway the rules...
1. Continential US only.
2. You must be an active(ish) member of the forums, if you only post in giveaway threads, move on.
3. We will be shipping out between 8 Nov and 17 Nov, so you must be able to work around that and we will pick the shipping day . No extra packing days or trips to the post office!
4. Send a paypal for postage of $7.
5. Understand this is NOT a rooted plant and just a cutting of the plant.

Usually sign up method, winner will be picked by RNG.

If you look really close between the two white PVC tubes you can see the roots, the tank was flooded when I took the photo and the water line is generally below the white egg crating.
DSC_0772 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Base of the Nep, ignore the Ping flowers :)
DSC_0771 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Pitcher color, again the tank was flooded when I took the photos. It is generally just handing there not floating.
DSC_0770 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

For reference the pot is a 4" square, more Ping flowers in the way...
DSC_0769 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Last edited:
1. CorneliusSchrute... Huzzah for Randall and all of his cool plants!

Easy one, only post wins!

Back