What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade: Nepenthes for Cephalotus!

QSRUDDY

Hi! Im Quinton, and I'm addicted to CPs....
Hi,
I have two nepenthes that I would like to trade for cephalotus pullings (or, if you are willing, rooted plants) of varieties other than Hummer's Giant and typical. They can be fresh, or newly rooted.

The first I have to offer is a N. Ampullaria Williams Red x Harlequin. It looks a little rough because I thought I could get it to grow in my intermediat/highland grow tent after getting rid of my lowland setup. It still has an active growth point and should take off once giving the right growing conditions.

The second is a N. Ventricosa "Red". This is one of three basal shoots that are extras for me and assume someone else would get more enjoyment out of it..

Thanks for any offers!
Quinton

Ive only got a typical Cephalotus so Ill be of no use to you, but in my humble opinion I doubt someone would trade a Cephalotus that wasnt very small, for a plant as common as Ventricosa "Red." ???

Last edited:
Ive only got a typical Cephalotus so Ill be of no use to you, but in my humble opinion I doubt someone would trade a Cephalotus that wasnt very small, for a plant as common as Ventricosa "Red." ???

I don't expect much, but you never know...

I wish that amp was In better shape. Would have traded with you. It's one nep I have been looking for.

If someone was up for a challenge surely they could spare a few leaves

The amp is likely very savable but shipping an amp out of MI this time of year would just further hurt the plant in my opinion. With a few garage sale/swap meet items you could cheaply get a setup to get it through the winter into the spring and have a much nicer plant to offer up. Just off the top of my head...10g fish tank, 50W heater, compact flourscent light. 3-4" of water in the bottom with the heater set to 78 degrees. The increase in heat would do wonders for an amp.

Just some random thoughts.

If you still have it in the spring let me know and I'm sure we can work something out. We are done shipping this year, the last two boxes are heading out this morning.

I cleaned it up a bit so it doesn't looks so rough...

Closed! Thank you!

Back