What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. x areolata: FREE for one winner...

CorneliusSchrute

A leuco by any other name would still be as glutto
I really like dinosaurs. I mean REALLY like dinosaurs. I am sure some of you are the same. The first person to list an obscure dinosaur fact I don't know wins a nice, well-rooted S. x areolata division. If I know all of the posted facts by Sunday night at 9:00 PM Eastern I will have my wife select the most interesting post given. Is googling cheating, you ask? Kinda... but I am pretty confident in my dino knowledge. I say bring it on, Google.

Winner is to send $4 to my PayPal as Friends/Family to cover shipping cost. I won't make you pay this forward with a give away of your own, but that is encouraged. *wink~wink*

...and some teaser pics. The first is the actually plant being shipped.

Here is the adult plant with representations of the nice and shapely traps.

LET THE DINO-THON COMMENCE.

Sorry for the gigantic photos. Photobucket is an enigma to me.

Not entering but the Dunkleosteus was found not far from my here in ohio

Are y o u kidding me?! You have purps and a famous dino find near your place?

Officially jealous.

Yeah one was found in a river cliff wall not far cleveland area..

Some Sauropods were believed to be able to make a sonic boom by whipping their tails.

^^^ Now that is what I am talking about.

...but keep 'em coming. ;)

Last edited:
Compsognathus was the smallest

^^^ If you don't make an argument for birds being extant dinosaurs. :)

Compsognathids were one of my favorite parts of the novel Jurassic Park. Not so much the movie Lost World, though.

Some paleontologists (Namely Robert Bakker, I believe he was the first to propose the theory) believe that some of the megapredators such as the tyrannosaurs and other large theropods had kinetic skulls. That is, like snakes, their skulls evolved in many movable pieces to allow a range of motion that would enable them to eat some pretty big things. Snakes take it to the extreme, but the idea is that T. rex would have been able to gulp and swallow some pretty large chunks of flesh.

HUZZAH! Jen wins... and trumps my dino knowledge. Well played, friend. PM me your address and I will give you my PayPal info.

Wasn't it Bakker that also first proposed that T. rex was mostly a scavenger? I don't personally subscribe to that theory, though. I could see the hinged skull being likely, though.

Paleontologists believe a Tyrannosaurus rex male reproductive organ might have been up to 12 feet in length.

Paleontologists believe a Tyrannosaurus rex male reproductive organ might have been up to 12 feet in length.

Congrats. You just won my next give away. That is simply... awe inspiring. I will let you know what Sarr it is and when, Ruddy. Same terms as above.

12 feet.... SMH.

Sorta off topic and maybe not appropriate here, but Ruddy reminded me about some books I saw on Amazon a couple years ago. It was Dino Erotica. Apparently there are people that are all into it. I read the one sample page and was laughing so hard I couldn't see.

To Amazon, then!

#Hawt

Congrats. You just won my next give away. That is simply... awe inspiring. I will let you know what Sarr it is and when, Ruddy. Same terms as above.

12 feet.... SMH.
Lol, thanks! I guess I should have refreshed my page before posting. Still, I thought it was surprising. Lucky guy I guess! Lol

Last edited:
Some paleontologists (Namely Robert Bakker, I believe he was the first to propose the theory) believe that some of the megapredators such as the tyrannosaurs and other large theropods had kinetic skulls. That is, like snakes, their skulls evolved in many movable pieces to allow a range of motion that would enable them to eat some pretty big things. Snakes take it to the extreme, but the idea is that T. rex would have been able to gulp and swallow some pretty large chunks of flesh.
I didnt even know that. thats AWESOME

Some very nifty facts! Had not heard about the possibility of kinetic skulls or the endowment of T. rex before.

Even though the contest is over, I thought I'd toss this out there as I found it interesting. :
Some scientists believe they may have found a way to ID the sex of a dino. There is evidence that females stored extra calcium (for use when producing eggshells, for example) in a type of tissue called medullary bone which lined the inside of their leg bone cavities.

Last edited:
Dinosaur erotica has just changed my life.

...and I now know for sure that the Internet is a force of evil. Something that odd shouldn't be that easy to find.

Last edited:
Back