What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Oreophila 'Sand Mountain'

Hey fellow cp friends I've been looking for Oreophila 'Sand Mountain'. Plants or seeds. Clearly I can't buy them or trade for them...
Anyone have an idea.?
Sand mountain Alabama was the home of my late aunt for many of years and I would love to add this species to my collection.

There's at least 1 vendor that has permits to sell and ship these here in the US.

Sales or trades of Endangered Species Act plants (and seed) are legal if it is within the same state (Ohio in your case).

Otherwise as mentioned before there are at least one vendor that has the permits to sell ESA plants interstate. They can be sent across state lines without an ESA permit as long as no money, goods or services are exchanged

Correct I just need to find who has them...

Sales or trades of Endangered Species Act plants (and seed) are legal if it is within the same state (Ohio in your case).
Why is that? It seems more counterproductive to the survival of the species rather than helping it.

Why is that? It seems more counterproductive to the survival of the species rather than helping it.

The law specifically bans interstate commerce of listed species, and makes no mention of intrastate commerce. A law can only do what its text says. At least until recently...........

I'd love for someone to correct me if I'm wrong since I'm only basing this on my own logic and not off any source of any kind. I think preventing the sale of a plant discourages people from poaching from the wild. If you can't sell it, there isn't much point in searching out a "free" wild population to make profit on.

Back