What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold temperate Pinguicula

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
I am looking for cold temperate pinguicula. I'm not sure if shipping them while in winter buds would be best. If there is a better time of year please inform me. Also I am looking for groups of plants. Hopefully not just one or two.

Have lots of plants to trade so if you have something avaiable let me know.

I've got some P. grandiflora in full dormancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've grown quite a few of these, they are very rewarding species. Grow quickly and easily, blooming nicely too. Most of the species you are asking about, that I've obtained and grown, in the past, were obtained either as dormant hibernacula or seed. I've found them about equally easy, from either. Though the seed usually takes a bit longer to mature, to blooming size.

I don't have any, presently. But if I were looking to obtain any, I'd first look for seed, preferably (seed ships very well and usually establishes a nice, large group of plants, most economically) - plus, fresh seed germinates easily and grows very quickly. Secondly I'd opt for hibernacula. They also ship almost as well as seed, and are often accompanied by gemmae (smaller hibernacula produced at the base of the mature older ones).

I've got some P. grandiflora in full dormancy.

Pm sent!

I've grown quite a few of these, they are very rewarding species. Grow quickly and easily, blooming nicely too. Most of the species you are asking about, that I've obtained and grown, in the past, were obtained either as dormant hibernacula or seed. I've found them about equally easy, from either. Though the seed usually takes a bit longer to mature, to blooming size.

I don't have any, presently. But if I were looking to obtain any, I'd first look for seed, preferably (seed ships very well and usually establishes a nice, large group of plants, most economically) - plus, fresh seed germinates easily and grows very quickly. Secondly I'd opt for hibernacula. They also ship almost as well as seed, and are often accompanied by gemmae (smaller hibernacula produced at the base of the mature older ones).

Good to know I am looking in the right direction. I am finding that most of the temperate plants are very rewarding to grow. I will be on the search for seeds as well. Thanks Joseph.

I have a couple of P. vulgaris hibernacula that I could potentially trade.

Back