What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarrs for Leopard Geckos

CorneliusSchrute

A leuco by any other name would still be as glutto
I figure there might be enough commonality of interest to give this a go. I raised a leopard gecko years ago and want to obtain one or two for my classroom. I have several nice (LARGE) Sarracenia, both species and hybrids, that I could trade. Additionally, I have something like 1600 Darlingtonia seed, some of which I could part ways with. Finally, I could stand to thin my Nepenthes herd; I have whole plants and cuttings I could swap.

Also, if you have some recommendations for a good dealer I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks, gang!

I used to get leopard geckos from Garrick DeMeyer of Crestedgecko.com. He breeds Leopard geckos, crested geckos and a variety of other geckos. They were always great and he is a nice guy who cares about his animals. Also, there are often leopard geckos (and other reptiles) available from Craigslist and Freecycle. That's where I get my geckos from now, they are often free or at a minimal adoption cost. So if you can't make a trade, check out those sources! :D

at first I thought this thread was going to be about trying to grow sarrs in a leopard gecko enclosure, lol.

I'd try Craigslist first, and avoid shipping an animal... Only ever shipped an animal once, and it went well, but the whole process still makes me nervous. Maybe it's just me.

I'd try Craigslist first, and avoid shipping an animal... Only ever shipped an animal once, and it went well, but the whole process still makes me nervous. Maybe it's just me.

Animals are shipped all the time and methods have been perfected on their shipping. I've been shipping live animals and plants for around 15 years, sometimes there is a DOA but the percentage is very low. However, I would also suggest trying to go local, it's still easier all around and less stress on the animal and the person awaiting the animal. But if the OP want's an unusual leopard gecko morph, there may not be a local source.

You might want to contact steve skyes at Geckos Ect. He is a local grower of mine who grows sarracenia and breeds leopards. He might be able to to trade for one.

http://www.geckosetc.com/

Back