What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Hello all,

I have a couple of Nepenthes seedlings that I would like to trade, if possible. I finally feel that a couple of them are large enough to consider shipping. These plants are just over an inch in diameter so they are still very small, however they are just over a year old. This species of Nepenthes is not formally described as of yet. It is native to Mt. Mingan on the island of Luzon where it grows near the summit as a highland plant. It is thought to be closely related to N. ventricosa and N. sibuyanensis. It is speculated that a species of frog has a mutualistic/symbiotic relationship with these plants, as they have been observed nesting in the pitchers. I am confident in my ability to pack and ship the plant, if you are confident about the growing environment that it will be entering once it is done shipping. I can always hold the plant(s) and keep growing them here and hardening them off if you would like to delay the trade, claim one for when your weather clears up, etc.

I am interested in . . .

Most Orchioides Utricularia, especially U. reniformis and U. nelumbifolia.

N. argentii
N. hamata
N. edwardsiana
N. red hairy hamata

Hybrids involving the above species or other equitably rare Nepenthes seedlings.

Cephalotus Eden Black

D. regia

Mature, cold-hardy Dionaea plants

Heliamphora pulchella
Heliamphora minor burgandy-black

I am open for other offers as well.

Cheers

I have a Nepenthes hamata for trade. It is the size of a quarter in diameter and producing 1/4 inch pitchers. I grow the plant under t5's in a saucer with a plastic cup over the top of the pot. I've had the plant for about two years. I believe it is from wistuba. Here is an older photo of it. Under my new lighting the leaves are more red.
10155739_4123097691717_8407187829411791884_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think that wins out over my offer of a small U. reniformis plug......sp. Mt. Mingan was one of the seed batches that didn't sprout for me.

Back