What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes tiveyi "Red", rooted cutting.

I have one rooted cutting of N. tiveyi 'Red' [Nepenthes tiveyi is not an accepted name - see CP Database, and N. 'Red' is not a valid, registered cultivar name, as the single quotes would indicate.] available to give away (recipient must pay shipping, within the US only). I believe this is an EP clone, and it is female (but appears to be sterile). A TF member asked me several months ago to custom root a plant of this and then rescinded his offer to pay for it :censor: as promised. So - I've decided to just give it away for the cost of shipping. Note: if you are in the mid-west or some other weather-hostile region, I suggest you not sign up for this giveaway, since the risk of damaging the plant is high.)

The rules:
1) you must be a "green" TF member to qualify
2) you must promise to give away some surplus plant/seeds/supplies as a "pay it forward" gesture, sometime in the next few months.
3) you must have at least 6 months experience growing highland/intermediate Nepenthes and consider yourself a skilled grower. I will not ship this plant to a total novice.

So, start a numbered list, copying and pasting as you add your name. You know how this works. I will select a winner at random in the next week or so.

tiveyi-red-sept.jpg

20140805-160642-58002361.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Tje25...thank you very much for this great opportunity!

2. kulamauiman. thank you for being the starting point of a chain reaction :)

2. kulamauiman. thank you for being the starting point of a chain reaction
3. Oregoncp. Such a nice looking plant! Thanks Paul.

4. rdlsreno- thank for the opportunity, you are very generous Paul!!!

Ramon:D

Last edited:
Wow that's a beauty!!

5. hcarlton-a worthy plant to enter for

Gorgeous plant. Nice to see your pics.

5. hcarlton-a worthy plant to enter for
6. RandyS. Just bought a green membership, hopefully my name will change color soon...

I don't think I qualify as "skilled" at much of anything. However, I have grown and propagated too many highland/intermediate Nepenthes over the last 20 years to be considered a novice, either.

Last edited:
Random number generator chose OregonCP! Congrats.

Joseph,
if you are going to engage in this kind of "corrections officer" behavior, I think it would be more constructive to simply message the author of the content and suggest the correction, rather than opting to bulldoze the change into place. Being RIGHT isn't justification for altering someone's post without first consulting with the author. Its things like this that make me far less likely to share surplus plant material with this community. (TF, that is)

PS: if you wanted to do it correctly, you should have just changed my post to read N. maxima X veitchii and called it a day.

Congratulations Oregon!

Back